Chapter-4

Hi guys! I am so happy to literally see the views going higher everyday. You know that feeling when you are just so connected to the things you are developing maybe a game or a software program or a story and you treat it like your baby, because it is so precious to you and with every progress you feel more and more and more happy to finally achieve something more. And this story is seriously like my baby and I love seeing your affection towards it through your views.
Happy cupidly reading!!

💕💕💕💕

Chloe

Everyone in the room fell silent. Trying to be stronger. Kristina and Lucy were sitting next to Char holding her hands firmly. Mark sat next to them with dad and James. Mom and June sat on the other couch next to Lucy holding each other as tears fell from their eyes. Adam, Liam, Jake and I stood at the far end of the wall.

“ When dad?”, Liam asked, his voice filled with sadness, anguish and agony.

“ Last week”

Everyone was silent. The silence grew, making it uncomfortable to breathe.

But the worst part was watching a strong woman you admire break in front of you.

“ I am sorry that we kept it from you all. I know you all are upset that we didn’t tell you sooner. I know you all love us and care about us. But I guess I wasn’t ready to accept that just yet. I am so sorry.  I didn’t wanted to tell you today ‘cause today is a special day for us all. We are really proud of you kids but it was harder to hide it from you. ”  Char gave us a small smile refusing to let tear slip from her eyes. Her words made it harder to keep the tears from flowing.

“ So what did the doctor say?” I asked trying to be hopeful.

“ Well, the doctors has suffered  a treatment program which involves a combination of therapy and has a ninety percent success rate and then the rehabilitation program.”, Mark said.

“ When does the treatment starts?”,  Liam asked.

Mark’s face twisted in pain and guilt as he said, “ Tomorrow we’ll take Char to the hospital and for the next two months she will have to stay in the hospital for therapies and the rehabilitation program but we can visit her during visiting hours.” Liam looked pale and angry but quickly he made his expression blank to hide the emotions bubbling inside him. He didn’t spoke anything as everyone discussed about the treatment program and schedules of appointments.

After an hour, Char had to go for an  appointment with the doctors to complete the formalities of the treatment and go through the reports. All the adults left for the hospital so it was only us at home. Kristina excused herself to her room and Lucy followed her while Adam and Jake tried to talk to Liam but he asked them to take care of everyone as he strode towards the gate to get some fresh air. And before anyone could stop me, I ran out of the door. Liam was nowhere to be seen, he disappeared so quickly and I didn’t know where to look for him.

I ran towards the one place which is my only hope to find him

When I reached ‘the rock’, I saw Liam lying on his back in his usual place. His eyes were closed tightly and his face showed a turmoil of emotions passing through it. I hated seeing him hurt and in pain. I contemplated my options if I should go to him and comfort him or give him space.

I know I should have given him some space, that’s what he had asked for when he left but I couln’t leave him alone, here, hurting.

I carefully lay down next to him trying not to disturb him and positing our bodies so there is a little space in between. I don’t want him to mask his feelings with me beside him. I just lay there on my side looking at him. I felt a weird pain in my chest to see him hurting as if my heart know who this person is and how much I love him.

“ Why do something have to happen like this to us, girly?”, he asked quietly startling me because I didn’t thought he knew I was laying here beside him.

 Since he already knew I was there, I moved closer to him and placed my hand on his and gave it a squeeze.

“ Sometimes god put us through tests to check our love , faith and patience. This is a test for us boey and we need to have faith that everything is gonna be okay.” I said looking at him.

I tried to take it slow, to let him get his feelings out slowly, to give him time. We lay there looking at each other as he twined my finger with his, drawing small patterns on it. I have never seen him so lost. I was scared to see him like this all bottled up and blank expression. This is not how my boey is and a sickening feeling turned my throat dry.

God forbid if something bad happened to Char, this is gonna change Liam forever, he will become just as lost as he is now.

 I didn’t realize that I was crying until Liam cradled my face in his hands, bringing us closer and wrapping his arms tightly around him. I buried my face in his chest as the tears kept coming faster. I don’t know how long I cried but now I felt relieved for the outburst. Liam slowly pulled away a little to look at me. His arms stroking my hair and back, comforting me. His eyes told me everything that was going inside him and so I decided to break his every resolve to bottle up his feelings.

“ I am scared, boey”, I said looking into his eyes and damn I thought I cried enough and couldn’t cry anymore but no, the look in his eyes made me want to cry again.

“ You don’t have to be scared, my girly girl. I will be right here with you.” He said cupping my face.

I sat straight and he followed. I was still pressed against his side as he lifted my chin to look at me. I exhaled before cupping his face and the words were found their way out.

“ I’m scared to lose you.” He looked confused but he didn’t interrupt. “Liam I’ve known you for my whole life, seen you go through everything, you never lost hope, you were you, nothing could’ve changed you and you were always the smart, amazing, caring and understanding kid who knew how to solve every problem because he was so stubborn that he would find a solution somehow, who knew how to comfort everyone, who has a heart-warming smile that always made you forgot sadness for a little while, the best comfort. You were the person I knew who was never worried about showing his emotions, atleast not to me. But right now you look like a changed boy. And I am scared that during treatment you will change yourself. You will become a distant person. And I am not losing you. You can’t take yourself away from me. And if you do I’ll....”. I wanted to say I’ll never love anyone anymore but caught myself. As I said this , a tear slipped from my eye and he caught it on his fingertips as he looked at it, something in his eyes changed, his eyes got dark blue, ocean coloured and it felt like there was a storm of emotions forming .

“But boey, I know Char will be okay. She is a strong woman, a fighter, a warrior, she is gonna be okay. And the treatment will start tomorrow and it has a good success rate, so lets not think as if we are losing her because we are not losing her, think that we are all supposed to work together like a football team and trust and help each other and score the final goal and win. Char needs strength. All of us are her strength. She will break to see her son like this.”

He faced away from me. “ I am trying to be stronger for her, girly. I just needed some air. I think I should go back.” He stood up. I caught his wrist before he could walk away and got up. Before I could think anything I pulled his face down and kissed him.

💕💕💕💕
Whooshhhhh!!!
She kissed him!! I really hope Liam kiss her back. I can't stop thinking about their kiss already. I am so excited finally the kiss is happening.😉😉
So how do you like it? Are you excited for the next chapter?Are you excited about their kiss?
Also I have added a picture of 'The rock,' the special hidden spot of Liam to help you get an idea of locations.
Please vote, share and comment because your comments really means alot. Thank you for your support guys. I can't wait to update next chapter soon...
See ya!!!!
Also stay safe and happy and healthy...
💞💞💞💞