Chapter 6: Grace

We got to the mini-golf place and he signed us up. River was picking a club as I got our balls. I choose the pink ones my father had them made especially for me, they weren't allowed to the public but I loved them. I got River a blue one. He's always wearing blue so I think it's his favorite color.

I met him at the first hole and handed him a ball. " I got you blue but I can go back and get you another in case you don't like it."

" blue is fine..it's my favorite color actually." He aligned his club to the ball. I was smiling widely. "What?" He turned back to me. "nothing."

I think he let me win, I suck at mini golf I just really enjoy it. He looked at the score sheet and then back at me right after he put it in his pocket.

" I heard you were here!" I heard a familiar voice. My dad was entering the course with a net full of balls probably the ones that were found in the koi pond. " hi dad!"

He found the 6'2 guy standing behind me and his smile dropped. Did he not like but River is the best!

" dad this is River, River this is my dad."
My dad's grin came back. They shook hands briefly. " Grace sure talks about you a lot lately." I felt my cheeks heat up, and River turned to me smirking. " Um, River is a basketball player dad."

" a jock huh?"

" yes sir." River is formal. " what time will you be home?" He turned back to me. " we are taking the bus maybe 10."
" don't be out long, great meeting you River."

After my father walked out off I sighed. " You talk about me a lot huh Gracie?" He said. "Gracie?" I looked up at him. I gasped and smiled. " is that a nickname!" He shook his head immediately. " no yes it is." I jumped up and down. " you have a nickname for me!!"

He smiled down at me as I clapped my hands. "yea yea let's get out of here." He nodded. I have a friend and a nickname!