Chapter 22: Grace

I looked up at the game now and then. I asked a guy next to me and he tried to explain it but didn't do a very good job.

I got off the bleachers to use the bathroom because I drank three bottles of water.

After I finished my business I washed my hands and that's when some else came into the bathroom.

I looked up in the mirror and it was Lyla. I was terrified of Lyla.

" look who it is." She circled me. "The whore." She smirked. " e-excuse me." I tried to get through but she pushed me back.

" where are you trying to go? To your boyfriend?" She mocked. " let me break it to you, he's not your boyfriend, he's using you, to make me jealous. And I don't like to be jealous." She got closer to my face making me jump.

" Why would he like someone like you, you've got fat thighs, this horrible hair, and don't get me started on your face. Oh! The way you dress, all those prissy dresses you wear, make you look like a desperate slut, he'll come back to me, he always has." She gave me a shove and my back hit the sink. She walked off into the gym.

I was already crying. Why would she say such mean things? I never wanted to hurt anyone.

Was she right? Was I desperate? I was desperate for a friend. He's dating me so I won't tell anyone he works at the bookstore for his family.

I cried harder.

He never liked me.

I stood up and walked out of the bathroom. That's when the game ended. He came out freshly showered and had my stuff in hand.

" hey...what's wrong." He came up to me. I grabbed my things out of his hand. " you don't have to pretend anymore, it's ok, I won't tell." I walked the other way and I heard the teams cheering him on for winning the game but he was calling my name.