Chapter 32: Grace

As soon as I walked out the door I smashed into a firm body. I felt hands hold me up straight. I looked up and it was Jay.

" get away from me." I pushed him back.

" so your little boyfriend told you the truth huh?" A smirk played on his lips. I tried moving past him but he moved with me.

" is he not what you thought he was? Did he not tell you he still writes me?"

River wouldn't.

" He hasn't stopped writing to me since he left the school. Do you wonder why he looked so angry with me when he saw me at the library with you? That's because he thought I would tell you his past."

" Why did you do that?" I tightened my grip on my backpack. " he wrote a lot about you, from the beginning of your relationship. From the kiss in the book store to Lyla making you upset." The deep tone of his voice scared me.

Why would River tell him what Lyla did to me that was already hard to share with him?

" I'm his lifeline sweetie, I always have been."
I didn't know what can't over me but I slapped him. He bit the inside of his cheek before grabbing my throat. Pushing me against the door.

" he always told me about this pretty little tattoo." He ran his finger under my shirt and brushed them against the tattoo. " And he told me about that little virgin cunt he got a taste of. And your little bus rides, your birthday, I know it all."

" Please." I tapped his arm. " that school may have fixed your little River but I faked my whole way through it."

The door opened and I fell inside, River's hands catching me as I gasped for breath.
River was looking down at me but I was looking up. He was gone. Jay disappeared just like that.

River set me up straight again and noticed the bruises on my neck. He kissed my forehead softly.

" Gracie I'm...."

"You told him everything." I pushed him away

" I'm sorry." He pleaded. " you told him everything about us, even my first... time with you." I covered myself with my arms. " about my tattoo, you told him everything that made us who we are!"

"Why would you do that!" I slapped him. I want to tell him I'm sorry for hurting his cheek. " you embarrassed me River!"

I picked up my bag and rushed out the door. I walked to the nearest bus stop, choking on my sobs when the bus finally came.

After I got home I decided to lock my window tonight. I sat on my bed not bothering to change clothes. But I felt exposed.