07: Pretend

"Because you can be one of the dark horse of Toman"

You stood there confused looking at him. 'One of the dark horse?'

"Dark horse? What do you mean?"

"Yeah, you don't stand out but in fighting, you'd definitely win. With weapon ofcourse." He spoke
"That's why I'm training you to fight without it" he continued.

"When you get used to it, you'd be unstoppable" Draken spoke walking to you.

"Let's start with the basic, Draken will teach you how to punch, I'll teach you how to kick, then Baji will teach you how to dodge and attack back while Chifuyu goes to buy us some snacks" Mikey grinned as Chifuyu groaned to Mikey's sentence.

You noticed that there's only 5 of you in the shrine, the others already left. They all went back to sit at the stairs and Draken stayed in front of you.

"Let's get started shall we."

He asked you to punch him like how would you punch an enemy. He started by looking at your flaws in punching, then firming your fist to your arm and so on. You went on punching the air for about an hour as you sat on the ground holding your shoulders as you've been punching for too long.

Mikey then went to you and taught you to kick high enough. He demonstrated different kinds of kick as you try to imitate it but end up falling many times but then you kept trying and trying. It's been 30 minutes since you started imitating one of Mikey's kick when you got it right for the first time. You smiled and looked at Mikey when you did it. You were proud about it but he looks like it's nothing.

"Keep trying again and again" with that you continued trying until you get it right many times in a row.

Mr. Baji then threw you a round rock right when you're not focusing. You dodged it soon enough before it hits your back. He kept throwing at places you don't expect. You felt some stones hit parts of your body and he stopped when he hit your forehead.

"Oww"

"I ain't going easy on you just cuz you're our little girl"

Chifuyu then went beside him to bring him pebbles in a bucket dipped with paint then left somewhere.

"Keep dodging" he then kept on throwing stones nonstop as you try your best to avoid it since you didn't know if the paint would come off if you get hit and stain your clothes.

You sat down on the ground completely exhausted from all the work you've done for today. Especially Mr. Baji's intense dodging session. You looked at yourself as you're covered in paint mostly on your stomach and your face. There's also paint on your arms because you sometimes hit the pebbles back and not dodge it.

"The paint on your stomach and your face indicate that's where you keep your guard down. And that's your weak points. Get hit on the stomach, you'll feel weak. Get hit in the face, your sight will get blurry." He walked to you and extended his arms to you to lift you up. You took his hand and he looked at your arms with paint also.

"These on your arm means you tried to fight back or block the attack. Overall, you did great for a first time." He smiled and pat your head

"Wow you're being smart right now. Are you really Baji-san?" Chifuyu came back with bags of sodas and snacks on his hands

"Training for today's done! Let's eat!" Mikey exclaimed running to get what Chifuyu has on his hand.

You all went to the stairs to come and eat. You talked about things, either it's about fighting styles or some stupid things.

After eating, Mikey went to drop you off in your house after arguing with Chifuyu about who will take you home. Coming into the house, you almost jumped when you saw Izana, Ran and Rindou on your couch.

"How did you get in here?" You said coming to sit with them.

"Bro Sanzu let us in" Ran said walking to the refrigerator.

"Where is he?" You looked around but didn't see him anywhere.

"He left for another work" Ran answered. "He's always out y/n, get used to it" He continued.

"Wtf, you're covered in paint. Did you went to a paint festival or somethin?" Rindou asked as they stare at you.

"Sorry, I was training-"

"Go shower first then we'll talk" Izana spoke looking at you

"I'll go shower then.." you left to take a shower and put on your pajamas and comes back to the living room to see the three watching tv.

Izana looked over his shoulder and scoots over for you to sit beside him. You gladly went there and sat beside Izana and Rindou on the couch with Ran laying down on the carpet eating chips.

"Ran make sure you won't dirty the carpet."

He looked at you like you're saying he's a kid who doesn't clean up for himself. You giggled and he rolled his eyes and looked away to focus on the tv.

You guys are watching a movie until midnight while waiting for Sanzu but he's still not back yet. You're starting to worry but you know he can take care of himself.

The movie finally finished and you looked to Rindou who fell asleep leaning to the other side of the couch. Then to Ran who's snoring laying down in the carpet. Then to Izana who's still awake and just drinking soda.

"Well, they fell asleep.." you stood up and grabbed a blanket from your room and put one each for Ran and Rindou.

"They always sleep anywhere" he spoke facepalming.

"So, how's it going being a Toman member, y/n?" He asked

"They made me train my ass off" you groaned. "I wanted to stay in the shadows but turns out I won't"

"Why?"

"Mikey said I can be one of the dark horse of Toman"

"Yeah, it means you'll stay in the dark but shine in battle"

"I'm the only girl in Toman" you sigh. "Whatever I do was monitored by brother and Mikey since they thought I can't fight for myself so either way, I'm
still in their sight 24/7. Plus brother may have seem to take a liking to Mikey since he saved me two times from dying and he's now 'serving' him" you explained "How's the gang?" You asked

"It's alright, still the same. The Kings keeping the peace while working silently"

"This is your brother we're talking about. Do you really wanna beat him?"

"You know my side y/n"

"Hmm I see, so what's the next plan?"

"I dunno, just go with the flow for now and stay in their good sides maybe"

"Are you really sure about this Izana?" You asked again

"Yeah, this is for revenge" Izana answered with his hand balling into a fist

"What revenge?" A voice asked from the door as you both jumped and looked over to the door.

"Brother.."