30: Old Friends

You and Mikey have been sleeping together for a few months now. You felt relieved that he's now having a good sleeping routine ever since you started sleeping beside him. He also sometimes bring you out for dinner and call it work even though it's obvious that it's a date.

Today, you're sitting on the sofa waiting for Mikey since he wants to go out for dinner again. You're wearing some comfortable jeans and a shirt today since you're on day off so no need for those skirts.

You're scrolling through your phone watching some cute cat videos when you heard Mikey cough behind you.

"Look aren't they cute?" You stood up and walks with him side by side to his car.

He just nods and opened the door for you. You entered the car and kept on watching more pet videos until you arrive at the restaurant.

You both ate your usual dinner and have a few chit chats about work and other things. He doesn't look as depressed as before anymore and he's now smiling a little.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asked when you leaned on your chair feeling full.

You nod and fixed yourself before standing up after him.

You both walked to the side of the road feeling the cold breeze of the night.

"It's been long since we walked in this part of the city... I think this is where uhmmm Chifuyu lives? Or is it Chifuyu? I think I saw him here before..." you mumbled but Mikey heard it.

"You met Chifuyu?" He asked

"No.. I just happened to see him walking while I was driving to work. He's with a guy that had yellow highlights.. he looked familiar but I don't remember who he is" you explained

"We can't meet them Y/n.."

"Why not?"

"We are on a dangerous organization now... what do you think will happen if they meet us?"

You thought for a second "they wouldn't rat us out would they?" You asked innocently but he just shook his head.

"They wouldn't... but if our enemies found out we have a connection with them, they will get targeted. I don't want their future ruined again."

"Again?"

He just looked at you and shrugged

You looked around and saw a pet shop on the other side of the road "hey look, kittiesssss!!" You exclaimed as you peek through the glass window to look at the cats. Mikey chuckled and walked beside you.

"Wanna get one?" He asked making you look at him with eyes glimmering

"Can I???!" He nods and looks at his watch

"Yeah, take your time to choose one.. I'll go get the car so we can go home after" you nodded and entered the shop to get greeted by the kittens meowing and running to you.

You stared in awe as you lean down and rubs one of them. You noticed one silver white cat with a shining grayish lavander eyes sitting in the corner. You reached your hand out to the kitten and it purrs on your hand.

"Hmm, you have unique eyes... Are you a boy or a girl?" you wondered since you wanted to get a boy one because don't wan't your cat to get pregnant by some other cat.

"He's a boy" a guy spoke from behind the stacks of boxes.

You peeked at him to see him busy feeding some kitten. He's the guy Chifuyu's with when you saw him.

'We can't meet them Y/n' you were about to turn around and walk away when you bumped into another guy behind you. You looked up to see his fang and dark black hair styled into a low ponytail.

"Do you like cats?" The black haired man asked smiling at you while holding out the cat he was carrying. 'Baji-san'

You nod and about to leave when someone from behind spoke

"Y/n?? I almost didn't recognize you" Chifuyu walks to you smiling.

"Hehe... hello Chifuyu..." you smiled awkwardly

"Wait- that's Y/n??!" Baji exclaimed as he stare at you before patting your head with the paw of the cat he's carrying.

"Long time no see.." he smiled

"I haven't thanked you properly for stopping me that time" he bowed.

"Thank you so much"

"It's fine-.. really..."

"You're the one who slapped me!!" Kazutora pointed at you shocked

"Y-yeah.. I'm sorry 'bout that" you looked down not really wanting to engage in more conversation.

"Why are you here? You wanna get a cat?" You nod and looks back at the white cat with unique eyes.

"I think she likes Zana" Kazutora spoke as Chifuyu nods

"Zana? He's a boy right?" You asked

"Baji-san named him" you looked at Baji who's proudly smiling

"U-uhm how much" you spoke as you pick Zana up

Chifuyu smiled as he touch Zana's paw

"I'll give him to you as a gift... seems like he likes you"

"Oh- no let me pay" you spoke shyly

Baji leaned on you with his arm on top of your head.

"Don't be too shy around us.. we used to hang out you know... I'll treat you some yakisoba again" he smiled looking down at you

"It's fine.. I'm quite busy" you refused

"Hmm? What were you doing after Toman disbanded anyways? You guys just disappeared.. Mikey, Sanzu too" Baji asked before an uncomfortable silence occured. Chifuyu cleared his throat before pushing Baji aside and stood infront of you.

"Y/n can we talk for a bit before you leave?"

You nod thinking it was about the payment as you both walk into a room.

"So, do you know what your brother and Mikey has been doing?" You stayed silent

"So you don't know huh"

"Why do you want to know?" You asked curiously

"Y/n.. I don't know if you already know about this but..." he paused

"Your brother Sanzu, and Mikey is part of an evil organization called Bonten. That organization is known for fraud, prostitution, killing, drug dealings and other illegal things. They're currently dominating the underground business not only in Japan but all over the world" he explained which you already know.

"Really?" You mumbled

"Yes so please be careful, the police can't even go anywhere near them"

"I will... thanks... how are the others?" You asked changing the topic

He leaned on a wall and crossed his arms smiling

"They're good... living their own lives like us"

You heard the honk of Mikey's car outside so you quickly bid goodbye to them.

"Can we hang out sometimes? We can meet with the others too" he asked walking with you to the door. You just nodded even though you knew you wouldn't be coming back.

You glanced at the tinted windows of Mikey's car and sighed in relief it's not down.

You opened the car door putting Zana in first before smiling and waving away at Chifuyu, Kazutora and Baji.

As you get inside, Kazutora got a glance of Mikey but wondered if it's really him because he looks different. His doubt was erased when Baji spoke.

"That's for sure Mikey. I feel it.."