2

"Remind me why I decided it would be a good idea to do a literature degree again?" Madelyn asked her best friend Lily as she entered the small living room of their shared flat. She was currently making piles of all the books she needed to have read and annotated by the end of this week on the floor, leaning her back against the sofa which was pushed up against the flat wall.

"Bloody hell, that's a lot of books!" Lily, who was a year older than Madelyn and had just begun her placement as a primary school teacher, exclaimed. Although it was sometimes very hard work, Madleyn loved her degree. She had always been very clever, achieving top GCSEs and A levels which allowed her to easily achieve a place at University College London (UCL) with her sights set on being an academic.

"Archie is coming over in a bit with some pizza I think." Hearing the word 'Pizza' leave Lily's mouth made her ears prick up. "Will you watch the football with us, Maddie?"

"What football is it?" She asked in response, as her friends followed the sport a bit more religiously than she did.

"It's Englad's first match qualifer match of the Euros, it should be a pretty entertaining game."

"Sure I will watch it with you, let me put these books away!"

The pair were now joined by Archie, who was Lily's younger brother and one of Madelyn's closest friends and was doing an architecture degree and Kings. All three of them had managed to squeeze onto the sofa ready to watch the game. As the starting 11 made their way out of the tunnel and onto the pitch.

"I don't remember the players being this fit when we watched the world cup a few years ago." Madleyn said, making Lily and Archie burst out laughing.

"It's a different team that's why, I think Gareth Southgate knows what he is doing," Lily laughed.

"Jeez, Mason Mount could mount me any day." Madelyn said, Lily countered that with

"No, I'm more of a Grealish girl, however there is something really hot about the way Pickford yells at the team."

"Honestly, you two need to get a life," Archie laughed making the girls slap him.