25

Madelyn let Sasha into her flat and the two of them sat on the sofa and discussed their plan of action for surprising Mason.

"I think I'm more excited to see Mason's reaction, than I am for the game." Sasha confessed which made Madelyn laugh.

"I can't wait, I have been practicing what I'm going to say when I surprise him." She giggled.

"I don't think he has any idea, Jack said that he was moping around at breakfast this morning because you wouldn't be there." Sasha said.

"Aww, he is so cute."

With Mason's shirt on and excitement bubbling inside her, Madelyn made her way into Wembley with Sasha. They were hiding in one of the restricted areas inside, but the roaring crowd could already be heard. She wondered whether the noise from the crowd made the boys nervous, or whether it just encouraged them to do even better. She knew she would be too scared to step out and play in front of that many people.

"Are you ready?" Sasha asked, squeezing Madelyn's hand as she nodded in agreement, and they walked down towards the tunnel.

Mason was standing outside the changing room door in the tunnel with Declan and Luke. They were giving each other their usual pre game pep talk, which involved a lot of hyping each other up, fist bumps and bro hugging. He had his back to where Madelyn had just walked in with Sasha, so she saw it as the perfect opportunity. After breaking free from his hugs with Declan and Luke, Mason was just about to walk back into the changing room and get some water when he heard a voice behind him.

"Do I not get a hug?" An enormous grin spread across Mason's face and his eyes lit up with pure happiness as he saw who was standing behind him with her arms wide open. Mason ran into her open arms, giving her the most incredible hug ever, before he took his hand up to her face and caressed her cheek as he kissed her, not caring that all his teammates could see him. The kiss which lingered for about a minute, and was only broken so that Mason could flip Luke and Declan who were egging him on.

"I thought you weren't coming." Mason said, still grinning from ear to ear.

"Well that would have taken the surprise out of it then wouldn't it." She gave him a little nudge as she laughed.

"Nice shirt, I must say." He said, sliding his arms around her waist.

"Oh, I only got this one because they ran out of Declan's shirts already." She wrapped her arms around his neck while he laughed.

"I wish I could stay here and kiss you all evening, but I kind of have to play football for my country now. Come and find me after the game." He kissed her one more time before disappearing into the changing room, already longing for her touch again.