13

"Oh look there's a bookshop here!" Mason shouted out, causing Declan to slow the car down to get a proper look.

"Who's going in then?" Jack asked, looking up from his phone.

"Well mate I doubt you can even read, so rock paper scissors between me and Mase? The loser has to go in." Declan played scissors, while Mason foolishly opted for paper meaning he had lost.

"See you in a sec then lads," he said as he hopped out the car, walking swiftly into the shop.

The smell of freshly printed pages hit him as soon as he passed the door. It suddenly dawned on Mason that he was not sure of the last time he had actually read a book, causing him to be a little embarrassed to be in a room with so many of them. The shop was not busy, there only seemed to be one other person browsing for books, who would probably take no notice of him. He walked along the shelves trying to read all the titles on the shelves, however he was quite overwhelmed with how many there were to read all at once. Therefore he decided to ask somebody for help. He wound his way around the bookshelves towards the desk on one side of the shop. He was expecting to see an old woman engrossed in a crossword puzzle. This caused him to be even more shocked when he was a blonde girl with her head buried in a book which was bursting with annotations and sticky notes. She seemed to be so ensconced and engrossed in her book that he felt bad for wanting to disturb her. Looking to his left he saw a section which said 'Shakespeare'. Pulling a random book from the shelf titled 'Much Ado About Nothing' reading that Mason wasn't exactly sure what even the title meant.

"You know, that's actually my favourite Shakespeare play." A sweet voice spoke from behind him. Mason's stomach somersaulted as he turned around to see who was standing there. It couldn't be. Holy shit.

"You looked a little lost in here," she chuckled. "I work here and wanted to see if you needed any help." Madelyn seemed to be playing it cool on the outside, and that is because she had practiced saying that in her head many times before walking over. On the inside however, she was freaking out. Mason explained what he needed for Gareth and Madelyn helped him find it,

"Jesus this is a big book!" Mason exclaimed when he saw the size of 'The Complete Works of William Shakespeare'

"Let's hope you're strong enough to carry it, '' Madelyn joked.

"Light as a feather to me," Mason replied.

"Have you read any of Shakespeare's work?" She asked him, and the boy shook his head in response. "Try this," she said as she handed him an ornate copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' "best to go for a classic first, I reckon you will like it." She smiled, putting the books into a bag at the till.

"How am I supposed to let you know, if I like the play or not?" He asked. Madelyn shrugged, letting out a little chuckle as she had already written her number and 'from, Madelyn xx' in the front cover of the book.

"Thank you for all of your help, darling," Mason said, shooting her an enormous smile before leaving the shop, leaving her trapped in stasis by his mesmerizing smile. He was even more gorgeous close up and Madelyn couldn't help but think about him for the rest of her day.

a/n gahhhhhh! omg now they have finally properly met, also that set up was very much based on one of my fave films ever 'Notting Hill' with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. Watch it if you haven't already!!!! 

xxx