18

After explaining the success of her date the previous night to Lily in the kitchen, Madelyn had to get ready for a shift in the bookshop. She hadn't heard from Mason yet, but it had only been 6 hours since they left each other's sides and she knew he had a very busy schedule. A slight drizzle hung about the air, however this did not dampen Madelyn's mood. The bookshop was its usual quiet self, but the girl didn't mind. She sat in her normal chair, enjoying watching the busy shoppers and commuters walking along the streets. Occasionally she zoned out, thinking about last night with Mason and the magical kiss they had shared. How she craved his touch again. She was brought back to reality when she heard the shop door open.

"What are you thinking about?" She heard a familiar voice say, which caused her to almost gasp as she realised who it was.

"You." She replied a little embarrassed, as she looked up to meet Mason's eyes.

"You're so cute," he smiled, before pulling her into him with his hands around her waist. She put her hands around his neck and played with the hair on the back of his head which drove him crazy. He couldn't resist her any more, so he kissed her passionately, enjoying the feeling he felt whenever their lips met. The girl felt so safe in his arms, enjoying the feeling of being with him.

"I bloody knew Mount wasn't suddenly into reading!" A voice from the entrance of the shop said. Madelyn looked up to see Declan Rice and Ben Chilwell standing there laughing.

"Lads, what don't you understand about the phrase 'wait in the car'? Oh and this is Madelyn by the way." He said, sliding his arm around her waist reassuringly.

"Ah, Madelyn, heard a lot about you. I'm Declan."

"And I'm Ben, it's nice to put a face to the name Mason won't shut up about." Ben added, laughing. "I'm having a little get together tomorrow night, why don't you come with Mason, everyone really wants to meet you."

"Oh my god, what have you been saying about me Mason?" She asked him, jokingly. "I would love to come, thanks Ben."

"I'll catch you guys in the car in a sec," Mason said, hinting to his friends that they should leave with a little nod towards the door, which the two boys headed out.

"Sorry, the guys have no chill. We spend so much time together that they are like my brothers but sometimes they take on that role a bit too literally and we get quite protective over each other."

"That's really sweet. I can't believe I'm actually going to a footballers party, this is so exciting for a little old me!" Madelyn said before kissing him again. They kissed for another minute or so before Mason said,

"I better get going, before the boys come in here again. I made them stop here on the way to training."

"Ok, see you later Mase." She laughed

"Bye Mads." He added as he kissed her one final time before leaving the shop. 

Was this really happening to her?