19

"What the hell am I supposed to wear?" Madelyn was sitting on the floor of her bedroom with Lily sitting on her bed, helping her get ready.

"I think I know the perfect dress," Lily said, reassuring her best friend as she could tell she was nervous. "Shit, you look so good! Mason is going to have a heart attack! Let's take some pics on the balcony, because you look stunning."

"Ok, Mason will be here any minute so we have to be quick."

"You look amazing, as always." Mason told her as he stood at the girl's front door.

"So do you, I really like your hair like that." She replied ruffling her fingers through it as he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"This is my best friend and flatmate, Lily." Madelyn said, gesturing towards her friend sitting on the sofa.

"Nice to meet you Lily." Mason made polite small talk with Lily which made Madelyn fancy him even more. He was just such a nice guy.

The car ride to Ben's was a short ride, and again Mason spent the whole time with his hand on Madelyn's thigh. It was such a simple gesture, but it meant so much to Madelyn. Ben's house was extremely large, and it was hard for Madelyn to fathom that only one person lived here. Mason squeezed her hand as they stood on the doorstep to reassure her that he would look after her here, as she didn't really know anyone else.

"My guy! Good to see you Mason, and Madelyn it's lovely to see you again." Ben hugged both of them, making Madelyn instantly feel welcome. The pair were led into a huge, modern living room where there was a group of guys, who Madelyn recognised as most of the England team. There were some girls dotted around the room as well, who Madelyn assumed as being some of the wags of the players. She stood in the corner of the room with Mason, who had both arms around her in a sort of hug from behind.

"Masons here, and he's not alone!" Ben shouted, causing most of the players to look up and some were even laughing.

"I have never seen Mase with a girl, she must be special!" Marcus Rashford said, causing Mason to flip him off.

"Everyone, this is Madelyn." Mason announced, keeping his arms around her tightly. A tall and beautiful blonde girl came over to them.

"As much as I don't want to tear her away from you Mason, would you like to come and get a drink and meet the other girls, Madelyn?"

"I'll see you in a bit Mase." Madelyn smiled at him, and he gave a quick kiss on the cheek before releasing her from his grip.

"I'm Sasha, Jack's girlfriend." The girl said, "and that's Lauren, Rebbeca, Fern and Anouska." Said Sasha, and the other girls all gave Madelyn a welcoming wave.

"So how did you meet Mason then?" Lauren asked, and Madelyn told the whole story about how they had seen each other a few times before meeting properly at the bookshop.

"Oh my god that's so cute!" Sasha said, and the other girls agreed. There was something so comforting about the girls that made Madelyn feel so safe with them, even though she had just met them. They all chatted for ages about what they all did and how they all met their boyfriends, but also about other random things. They joined the boys for some food a little later on, as they had been engrossed in a fifa tournament while the girls were talking. Madelyn cosied up to Mason on Ben's sofa, and he wrapped his arms around her while she played with his hair. Sky sports highlights was on the TV and Mason seemed to be very invested in what he was watching. The girl admired his passion for what he did so much. Declan and Lauren were on the other sofa, talking to each other in slightly hushed tones so that Madelyn could only just make out what they were saying.

"I know I agree," Lauren said "I don't think I have ever seen Mase this happy."
"Exactly, he must really like her, and she seems so perfect for each other." Declan said before hugging Lauren and continuing their conversation. Madelyn hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but she couldn't help but feel on top of the world after what she had heard Mason's best friend say about her. She looked up and saw Mason smiling to himself,

"What are you smiling about?" She asked, giving him a cheeky nudge.

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am, baby." Mason replied, before kissing her gently, not caring that all of his friends could see him, making Madelyn's heart beat at 1000 mph.