33

The tournament soon drew to a close with England having a rather bitter ending after an incredible performance. Madelyn was at Wembley with Mason's family either side of her as the final drew to a close. Disappointment hung in the air, and she could see it lingering in Mason's eyes as she pulled him into the most loving hug. Of course she was as bitterly disappointed that the immense amount of effort and hard work the boys put in didn't result in the win the entire nation was hoping for, she still felt a burning pride inside her as she realised how well the boys had done retrospectively, and how proud she was that they never gave up.

A few days had passed and the boys had decided a trip to Mykonos was in order for a well earned rest, and to celebrate coming runners up.

"Morning angel." Mason said as he walked into Madelyn's flat, giving her a kiss and a warm embrace. "Have you got your passport?" He asked, looking into Madelyn's confused eyes.

"Why do I need my passport?" She replied

"Because, we are going to Greece baby!" He said, smiling. "Oh, and Lily is coming too, we need to be at the airport at 6 pm this evening. I will come and pick you up later, so get packing." Mason walked out the door with a wave, but not before returning the hug from Madelyn who was over the moon at the thought of a sunny holiday.

Once Lily had woken up, and Madelyn had informed her of the slight change in plans for the next week, they realised that they needed to do a bit of pre holiday shopping, so they took Oxford Street by storm picking up bikinis and summer dresses wherever they could find them.

The evening rolled around in a flash, and before they knew it Madelyn found herself on a plane to Mykonos, with her boyfriend and best friend either side of her.

"So, why exactly was I invited on this holiday?" Lily asked while browsing the duty free catalogue.

"Because a certain Mr Chilwell requested your presence." Mason replied, causing Lily to be slightly confused.

"Why does he want me there though, we slept together two weeks ago and has made no effort to even contact me?"

"No way, honestly sometimes Chilly is such a dickhead. I hope he sorts his shit out, because I know he really likes you, but you don't deserve to be treated like that." Mason said.

"Thank you Mason." Lily had noticed that Madelyn had fallen asleep on Mason's shoulder. "Enough about me though, honestly you are so perfect Maddie and I think this is the happiest I have ever seen her. She has been put through some real shit, but I can tell that you were the light at the end of the tunnel that she really needed."

"Wow, I love her so much and she drives me crazy. I have genuinely never felt this way about a girl before." Madelyn was drifting in and out of sleep and had just heard all of that conversation and she felt like her heart could burst as it was full of happiness and love at Mason and Lily's words.

@madelynbrown via instagram stories 

 @lily_blake via instagram stories