23

"I'm so excited!" Sasha said as she and Madelyn walked into a cute little restaurant for some brunch. The pair of them had become good friends, as they realised they had so many similar interests.

"Ok, so I have an idea, but I need your help." Madelyn said once they were sitting down and had their food.

"Hit me."

"As you know the boys have their first game of the group stages against Croatia on Monday. We haven't talked about it yet and I really want to go, but as he has done so many nice things for me recently I thought I would surprise him. I would say I'm working or something, and then actually show up."

"Oh my, I love that idea." Sasha replied, enthusiastically. "How can I help?"

"Well I don't really know anything about going to a Match and getting in all the restricted areas where I could surprise him, but I thought you might know?"

"Yeah, you would need a pass but Jack can get you one easily. The players will all arrive from St George's Park together on the bus, and then we normally go down and meet them in the tunnel or changing rooms before the match to wish them luck. If you want we can go together, and I can help you find your way around."

"Thank you so much, that would be really helpful." Madelyn said.

Now Madleyn was back home, but she realised that she needed to get one of Mason's jerseys to wear to the game. She tried looking online, but unsurprisingly 3 days before the first proper England match of the tournament they were all sold out. A sudden brainwave hit her, she realised she should ask Lauren as she was sure that Declan would have at least one of his best friend's jerseys somewhere.

Lauren💜

Hey babe, I am planning a little surprise for

Mase and I was wondering if you or Declan had one of

Mase's england jerseys I could borrow? xxxx

Omg! I do, for my birthday last month

Mason gave me a whole box of them because he thought

'he was my favourite player' hahahaha!!

Of course you can have one xxx

Perfect!! Thank you so much,

how about we meet for coffee tomorrow

morning and I can pick it up xxx

Sounds great! Xxx

After a lovely coffee morning with Lauren, Madelyn had almost completed her plan. She now just needed to make sure that Mason didn't suspect a thing. On their facetime call that evening Madelyn told him that she was so sad because she had to work when they were playing. Mason was really disappointed, but understood, and she was secretly happy because it meant her plan was now going to work perfectly.