21

"This would be a great spot for taking instagram pictures," Madelyn laughed as she walked towards the grand steps that lead towards Mason's front door.

"Go on then, I'll take them for you," he replied, much to her surprise as he pulled out his phone.

"Your house is beautiful, Mase." She couldn't help saying as she entered the stunning house. They walked all the way through the house to the back garden, as it was a lovely evening to spend outside. Mason had invited Madelyn over as he wanted to spend some private time with her away from the prying eyes of the media, who were starting to gain an interest in Madelyn after her evening with the England Squad. The two of them had spent quite a lot of time together over the past few weeks, going on more dates and facetime almost everyday, however neither of them were quite sure what to do next with the group stages of the Euros looming round the corner.

"I bet I can score more goals than you." Madelyn said, with confidence as she picked up a football and turned herself to face the football goal in against the back wall of the garden.

"Oh, you sure about that Mads?" Mason replied, pretending to be intimidating which just made Madelyn laugh. They took the ball, attempting to tackle it from each other and get it in the goal. Eventually Madelyn scored 5 goals and Mason only got 4 though secretly he had let her win.

"Who would have thought I would be so good at football?" Madelyn said, and Mason laughed before hugging her from behind gently kissing her neck. This caused a swarm of butterflies to leap in her stomach as he squeezed her tightly.

Madelyn had gone to the toilet upstairs so Mason was able to do what he had been planning all day. In the garden he set up a picnic blanket on the grass with a few candles and flowers in an attempt to make it look more romantic. He ordered a pizza quickly on deliveroo, so that it would already be on it's way by the time Madelyn came back. He really felt like he was falling with her already. Playing football in the garden with her made him feel things he didn't know he could feel.

"This is so cute, I think I might cry! Nobody has ever done anything like this for me." Madelyn said as she saw what Mason had set up in the garden. They sat there as the evening turned into night, intertwined in each other's arms.

"Mads, you make me feel amazing all the time, I can't get you out of my head." Mason confessed.

"I feel the same way, Mase. I really like who I am when I'm around you." She replied. Mason felt so reassured when she agreed with him after letting himself become vulnerable. "I suppose I have a little bit of a crush on you, Mason." The girl laughed.

"Really, I had no idea," he replied sarcastically in between kissing her. Something about the words they had just shared allowed a wave of confidence to come over Mason.

"I have been thinking, Mads." He said after a slight pause.

"About what, babe?" She asked, slightly nervous about where this could be going.

"About what I want." Mason answered, mysteriously

"What do you want?"

"I want to be with you all the time. I want to be there for you always. I want you to always feel comfortable and happy whenever we are together. I want you to come to my matches, wearing my jersey. I want you to be part of my life, Mads. I want you." He was looking deeply into her eyes. She was in complete awe.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Mads?" He seemed confident, but Madelyn could tell he was a little bit nervous. She found it adorable, the whole picture from the set up in the garden to the little speech, it was everything she could have wanted and more. She also loved that he called her 'Mads', nobody else really called her that. It was like a special name that only Mason could call her, her stomach flipped everytime he said it.

"I would love to be your girlfriend, Mason." She whispered back to him, which drove him crazy. He couldn't resist her anymore...