14

Now sitting on her bed, Madelyn still felt as though she had to pinch herself to make sure she was not dreaming. Lily was still out at work and she couldn't wait to tell her bestie what had happened earlier that day.

"Shut up! No way!" Lily screamed as she engulfed Madelyn into a hug. "At this point the universe is just making sure that you get together."

"Honestly I still can't believe it, and even if nothing happens it would still be a great story to tell the grandchildren." She laughed

"Omg are you gonna become a wag?" Lily asked, with pure excitement in her eyes.

"Let's not get too ahead of ourselves!" She replied, however deep down she was secretly hoping that it would come true.

Later on her and Lily were sitting on the sofa watching TV when Madelyn felt her phone buzz. She had to re-read the message about 5 times before she could compute what she was seeing; 'Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night. M x'

"I think I might actually cry, this is the best text I have ever received!" Madelyn shared it with Lily, recognising it immediately as a quote from 'Romeo and Juliet'. "Oh my god what the hell do I reply to this?" She suddenly panicked.

mason

Did my heart love till now?

Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

M x

I see someone's been doing their homework

;) xx

Yeah now I just need to hand it in...

How are you going to do that? X

I was thinking maybe over dinner tomorrow night? Xx

Sounds good!

Can't wait to see if you have passed ;) xx

"Oh my... I think I'm going on a date with Mason tomorrow." Madelyn said, as a mixture of nervous and excited butterflies lurched around her stomach.

"Ahhh! This is so exciting, I can't wait to help you get ready." Lily laughed, now doing a little happy dance for her best friend.