12

3 months had passed, and Madelyn was glad that she had not raised her expectations with Mason too much. She eventually settled that he was probably just going to end up being her celebrity crush. She was a continuous presence in Mason's mind, rearing her head every now and again just to stir up his emotions of longing for her mixed with the frustration due to the fact he had no idea who she was. She became almost like a fictional fantasy to him, like a character in a film who was not real, but yet you still become attached to them.

Madelyn had begun working in a small old fashioned book shop, not far from her flat. She knew that this wasn't her dream job, but she quite enjoyed the quaint and secluded microclimate the shop had about it. When you stepped inside the aroma of ink filled pages hit you immediately. There was something so inspirational about being trapped around all of these great literary works, like a prisoner between the shelves, unable to escape the words that surrounded you. Although the shop seemed perfect to Madelyn, it was not frequented by many customers, meaning that the girl could often spend whole afternoon's being whisked away into alternate universes as she flicked through the pages of books that took her fancy. The work was also a great experience for her degree as she could spend even more time researching writers, and writing her own essays analysing and comparing pieces of literature.

"Right then lads, It's the gaffer's birthday on friday. I say we all pitch in and get him a gift of some kind, who's up for that?" Harry Kane announced to the group as they all sat together in the changing room.

"Whatever you say, skip!" Jack Grealish chirped up, with many others humming in agreement.

"I know, didn't he quote Shakespeare the other day or something?" Marcus Rashford added, in his thick Manchester accent.

"Oh yeah he quoted 'Macbeth' when talking about our tackles 'Look like th'innocent flower, but be the serpent under't' I think." Saka said.

"Alright brainy boy," Kane laughed. "Should we get him a collection of some Shakespeare plays?"

"Great idea, we can go to a shop on our way back from training later, Mase, Jack and I already were gonna drop into town later anyway so we can pick it up." Declan said, and everyone agreed it was a good idea.