26

The game ended with England winning 1-0. Everyone was celebrating as it was always good to start the tournament off with a win. Madelyn went with Sasha to the family and friends area in Wembley where they would be able to see the players after the game. Each player had a designated table for their families to sit, but Madelyn stuck with Sasha and Lauren and waited for Mason to come out and introduce her to his family.

"Shit are those Mason's parents?" She asked in a sudden panic.

"Oh yeah, they are. Don't panic though Maddie." Lauren said, trying to reassure.

"I didn't know I would be meeting the family today, that's all." She laughed in response.

"It's fine Maddie." Sasha added, "it will never be as bad as the first time I met Jack's parents. He thought they wouldn't be home all night, but they walked in on us in the front room. Easily the most embarrassing moment of my life."

"Oh my god, that must have been horrible." Madelyn laughed.

The boys soon came in, earning a huge cheer from everyone in the room. Mason found Madelyn's eyes as he made his way towards his family. He winked at her, which made her stomach flip, before indicating with his head that she should come over to his family. Mason hugged all of his family while Madelyn slowly walked over to him. She decided to walk over slowly so that she wouldn't be standing there awkwardly while he greeted them.

"One sec," Mason said to his family and he walked up to Madelyn giving her a hug and a quick kiss.

"Well done Masey, I'm so proud of you." She whispered in his ear as he did this which made him feel amazing.

"Come on." He said, taking her hand and leading her towards his family. "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Madelyn." He placed his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. Hearing Mason introduce her as his girlfriend sent the butterflies in her stomach crazy again. "Mads, this is my mum, Debbie. My dad, Tony. My sister, Jasmine and my brother, Lewis."

"It's lovely to meet you Madelyn." Tony said first

"Yes it is, we have been waiting for Mason to introduce us to a beautiful girl like you." Debbie added. They all chatted, getting to know Madelyn and talking to Mason about the game. Madelyn got on really well with Mason's family and that meant so much to him. She could tell that Mason's family all got on so well, and Madelyn couldn't help but be reminded of how badly she got on with her family, but she soon blocked those thoughts out of her head with new thoughts about how she had practically been welcomed into Mason's family with open arms. The room was slowly becoming emptier with people slowly leaving. Mason's family went home, as they needed to drive back to Portsmouth, but plans were being made for Mason and Madelyn to come and visit them all soon. There were then just some of the players and a few of their wives and girlfriends left. A few more drinks were shared and there was still lots of celebrating. At one point a red sharpie was shared round and people were drawing the cross of St George on the cheeks. Sasha and Madelyn had had a few drinks, so decided to go for a bolder move with the sharpie...