39

2 months passed in which Madelyn focused on herself, her well-being and her degree. She had deleted all of her socials off her phone and managed to get her life back on track spending lots of time with Mason and Lily, who had now been dating Ben for the last two months. The lease had also expired on Lily and Madelyn's flat meaning that to avoid being homeless, Madelyn had moved in with Mason and Lily with Archie.

Madelyn giggled as Mason picked her up off the sofa and carried her upstairs to their bedroom. He put her down on the bed, and the girl was gently wrapped up in a fluffy blanket. The large flat-screen television on the wall was playing her favourite film which was 'Love Actually'.

"Do not leave this bed until I say you can." Mason said, pretending to be very serious

"I promise I won't," she giggled in response, "though only if you join me in it later." She winked at the boy, who couldn't help but allow a small smile to spread over his face. He gave her a kiss before leaving the room to commence his plan.

It was the night before Madelyn's 20th birthday, and Mason had planned the entire day to make it as special as it could possibly be and it began now, with decorating the house and making some last minute phone calls. He worked for a good few hours, trying to make it absolutely perfect, and when he finally climbed into bed with Madelyn he was exhausted.

"Happy birthday, princess." Mason smiled, looking deeply into Madelyn's eyes. They cuddled and kissed in bed for a little while, getting more and more passionate but then Mason said,

"I need to sort something out downstairs."

"Can't it wait, 10 minutes." She replied, gently running her fingers along the elastic waistband of Mason's boxers.

"Oh well if it's the birthday girl's wishes." He said climbing back into bed and pulling her closer to him, "and, bold of you to assume it will be done in 10 minutes." He whispered into her ear.

"My lady, would you like to join me downstairs now?" Mason asked standing at the bedroom door with his hand outstretched for Madelyn to take. Madelyn could not believe her eyes when she descended the steps into the living room. The ceiling was covered in balloons, and there was confetti scattered around on the floor, streamers flowing along the walls.

"Wow Mase, thank you so much, you are the best. I love you so much." She managed to stutter as she was genuinely lost for words.

"You mean so much to Mads, it's the least I could do for you."

"Mason, you are my world, forever and always." She leaned up to kiss him, standing on her tiptoes. He loved it when she did that, it was so cute.

"I have something for you, close your eyes." She stood there, eyes shut as she heard Mason walk away and then return. "You can open them, baby."

She had to double take.

Mason was standing there in front of her arms, and in his arms was the little white puppy from the dog shelter in Mykonos that had been there for her that night.

"I know that I am sometimes really busy with work, and have to go away a lot so he can look after you all the time when I am not here, our own little baby."
"Mase- I- thank you" She said, struggling to get her words out. Tears of happiness and gratitude rolled down her cheeks as she pulled Mason into the tightest hug before taking the dog in her arms.

"Does he have a name?" She asked, looking up at Mason.

"Not until you give him one." He replied smiling and giving her a kiss.

"How about, Romeo? Because that was what brought us together? We can call him Romie for short or something like that."
"I love that, hey Romeo." Mason said, tickling the dog.

"Aw, you are going to be such a good dog dad Mase," Madelyn said, adoringly.

"And you will be such a good mum to him." He replied pulling her in for a passionate kiss on the sofa, which quickly deepened.

"Not in front of our son Mase!" Madelyn giggled, pulling away from him.

It was the best birthday that Madelyn could have ever asked for and she could tell that so much planning and effort had gone into it on Mason's part. All of her favourite people came over in the evening for a small get together with lots of pizza and ABBA music, and everyone was smitten with the newest addition to the Mount household.