7

Opening twitter after a long day of essay writing would normally help Madelyn escape from the world for a bit however, today it did quite the opposite. All over twitter there were paparazzi photos of Mason Mount leaving a club the previous night with a few of the England boys. Not only that, but he was all over a girl. Jealousy brewed inside her like a vicious potion as her cheeks burnt and her eyes pricked with disappointment. She knew obviously that nothing would ever have happened between her and Mason, for a start he didn't even know who she was. Also her terrible success rate with boys meant that she had already deemed herself not good enough for him. However, deep down inside she couldn't stop thinking about him, and the glance they shared at the match yesterday. He seemed so genuine and down to earth, as if there wasn't a bad bone in his body. From what she had seen online he seemed to have such an amazing relationship with his family which just reminded Madelyn of how terrible her parents were, never making the time to celebrate her success and ruining what were supposed to be special holidays like Christmas and her Birthday with their constant arguing due to them having divorced when she was 7.

To try and make herself feel better Madelyn decided that a little trip to big Tescos would do the trick nicely. The supermarket was only a 20 minute walk away from where she lived, and Madelyn knew that getting some fresh air would help her clear her head. Browsing the aisles inside the shop, the girl picked up a frozen pizza, a large bag of chocolate buttons and a bottle of rosé. She had forgotten to bring her reusable shopping bag, so she opted for carrying her groceries instead.

As she walked along the pavement on her way back from the shop, she saw a very expensive looking car approaching her. Madelyn was thinking to herself about what a nice car it was, and how she probably looked a right state walking along the road in a hoodie and sweatpants holding a pizza, chocolate and a bottle of wine. She regretted her situation even more when the car was close enough for her to see who was seated in the passenger seat...

"Wait, what?" Mason suddenly looked confused as he leant around as far as he could to see out of the window behind him.

"One day, you are going to give me a heart attack mate I swear to god," Declan said pretending to be annoyed as he kept his hands on the wheel in the driving seat.

"I think I just saw that girl again."

"What the girl from last night, that you inevitably slept with and will never call. Bet you can't even remember her name." Declan shot back at Mason.

"No no not umm Emily? No it was Emma, or Ellie or something like that-"

"I rest my case," Declan laughed. "Who was it then?"

"That girl who I saw in the stands at the game."

"Ah yes, the girl who you still have no idea who she is and have no way of finding her or contacting her. She sounds like a keeper!" Declan said, sarcastically. "And before you ask, I am not turning this car around so that you can go on a little wild goose chase. Plus you would look like a right muppet."

"I guess you are right." Mason sunk into his chair as the two of them carried on driving away from her.