10

Madelyn burst into the living room clutching her phone in one hand, wearing an inquisitive grin on her face.

"What's up with you? Please don't tell me you have drunk that entire bottle of rosé already?" Lily laughed, seeing the sudden change of mood in her best friend.

"Mason Mount just posted on instagram," the girl managed to say once, she had caught her breath.

"Yeah, and?"
"I think he might have been hinting something with the caption!" Madelyn chirped, unable to sit still due to her enthusiasm.

"I don't get it, how is it about you?" Lily questioned.

"It would be bold of me to assume that it's about me, however, it surely can't be a coincidence that he posts that right after he sees me at tescos?"

"So what are you gonna do about it?" Lily asked her, making her head shake.

"I'm not sure, probably nothing to be honest. I don't have the balls to DM him and say 'hey is your post about me' plus I would make a right twat out of myself if it wasn't." She chuckled.

"Have you actually lost the plot?" Declan looks Mason square in the eyes as he questions him.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Mason shrugs him off and returns his attention to his phone.

"I bet she doesn't even follow your insta."

"Come on, I have 3.7 million followers, she has to be one of them." He smirks, in a jokingly cocky manner.

"I have an idea that will get your mind off her." Declan said, causing Mason to turn very defensive.

"Who says that she's on my mind?"

"I don't know, maybe something to do with the fact you have been refreshing your DMs every second for the past five minutes?" Declan laughed. Although he shot Declan down, he knew he was right. This girl had been on his mind all evening since they had returned from the supermarket. The fact that he had no idea who she was, not even a name or anything was driving him crazy. He also knew that his lame attempt to try and hint something in his instagram caption would probably lead nowhere but it was worth a try. Every time he closed his eyes she was always there. Why couldn't he shake her out of his thoughts?

Madelyn's fear of rejection and embarrassment meant that she knew she wouldn't act on this. For all she knew this guy could just really like the supermarket and she was just reading way too deep into it, well she couldn't blame herself as he was doing a degree in reading too deep into things. Still, that didn't mean that she couldn't stop thinking about him, his hair, his smile, his dimples. Everything about him was so perfect to her and she hadn't even met him. Wanting to get her mind off of this footballer, Madelyn decided to do some mindless scrolling on tik tok. This however produced quite the opposite effect with her entire for you page being plastered with edits of Mason. Inevitably the girl fell down the rabbit hole of watching them all, allowing him to occupy even more space in her head than he already did. She got particularly excited when she had been matched with Mason on a 'which england player would be your boyfriend based on your star sign?'