Pepper Potts

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Pepper Potts woke up to the sounds of a large crashing sound coming from the kitchen. She looked over to find Tony's place on the bed vacant. With a deep sigh, she made her way to the kitchen, making sure he didn't burn the entire house down.

"Tony!" Someone shouted as the music came to a stop. "I think I broke it!"

When Pepper entered the kitchen, she found someone she looked up to almost her entire life covered in pancake batter while her boyfriend was off to the side in a fit of laughter. 

Pepper, much like most young women, grew up reading books and hearing stories about Marlene Rogers. Some grew up not really caring about the things Marlene did, some even went as far as to say she was overrated. Pepper, however, was not. Her mother always told her stories about how hard it was to be a woman then, to have everyone tell you to stay in the kitchen. Of course, things like that were said now, but not as often. 

"What the hell is going on in here?" Pepper demanded. 

Everything was silent. Marlene looked up at Pepper with wide eyes. 

"Hey, Pepper," Tony grinned. "It's nice of you to join us."

"Oh you're Pepper," Marlene said with a smile. She moved like she was going to shake Pepper's hand but thought better of it. "I'm Marlene Rogers. I-uh-I would shake your hand, but I'm covered in pancake batter. It's wonderful to meet you."

Pepper was still in a state of shock. 

"I'm sorry for using your kitchen," Marlene apologized. "I had offered to make pancakes, and Tony said I can use your range-"

"Sure, just throw me under the bus, blondie!" Tony groaned. 

For a moment, Marlene didn't see Tony Stark. For a flicker of a moment, she saw Howard. It was like a stab in the chest, remembering she'd virtually never see him again. 

"Well, that's what you get for eating all of the Twizzlers," Marlene countered, forcing back her pain. 

"They're mine!" Tony objected, throwing his hands in the air. 

"Fine, just starve the lady that hasn't eaten in almost seventy years then," Marlene said bitterly. 

"That's it!" Tony shouted, waving his finger at her. "I take back everything I said about you being my favorite Rogers!"

"A mistake on your part truly," Marlene shrugged, before handing Pepper a cup of coffee. "Miss Potts, would you like some pancakes?"

"Yes, please," Pepper answered, unsure of what to say. "And, please, call me Pepper."

"Well, it's lovely to meet you, Pepper," Marlene smiled kindly. "I wished it was formally-" Her smile fell and she spun around to look at Tony. "Anthony Howard Stark, you step away from that batter right now or I'll hit you with a pan!"