Distracting the Distraction

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Marlene twisted her wrench, tightening her last bolt in her car. She was adding some last-minute touches before she can officially call it hers. The car was one of Tony's old ones, it was practically in pieces when Marlene said she'd take it. 

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Tony shouted in shock as Marlene slid out from under the car. 

"I hacked your security system," she said nonchalantly, wiping her hands off on a towel. 

"You what?" 

"I clicked a few buttons and J.A.R.V.I.S. let me in," Marlene shrugged. "One, I am deeply offended I do not have immediate access to your house. Two, why is my name 'Scary Barbie'? Is that the best you could come up with?"

"I recently updated J.A.R.V.I.S.'s security measure," Tony said truthfully. "I forgot to make sure you can get in."

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing I added myself," Marlene handed Tony a red Twizzler before eating her own. 

"How was Fossils' Day Out?" Tony asked with a grin. 

"Don't test me, Tinker Bell," Marlene retorted, watching as Pepper entered the lab. "I will embarrass you in front of Pepper."

"You say the nicest things to me, Fossil-Rex," Tony rolled his eyes. 

Marlene whacked him with a Twizzler. 

***

Marlene pushed her way through the bustle of the hospital. She hated hospitals. She hated the smell. She hated the solemn aura everything radiated. She hated the clean and dull decorations. 

In summary, she'd do anything to stay out of hospitals. 

She practically raced to the hospital after hearing Nick Fury's confirmed death. She didn't believe it at first, but the tone in Natasha's voice was enough to convince her. 

Marlene turned the corner just as she watched a man push a red-haired woman into another room. She figured something was wrong and moved to help the woman. However, the closer she got, the quicker she realized there wasn't a need. The woman was Natasha and the man was Steve. 

"Where is it?" Steve demanded in a low tone, removing his hood.

"Safe," came Natasha's voice. 

Marlene leaned against the wall outside of the room nonchalantly, listening to their conversation. She figured they had some issues to work out for the time being. 

"Do better."

It was admittedly hard to hear what they were saying, but Marlene managed to understand.