Am I Still Worthy?

It's not every day that you wake up to hear you helped cause the death of hundreds. It's not every day you wake to have little to no memory of anything. 

When Marlene woke up after three days, she had a long talk with the rest of her team . . . or at least Steve, Tony, and Nat. They seemed to be the only ones that stayed. Clint went into retirement, and Thor and Banner left. 

One of the things Marlene remembers very vividly is Clint's family. She remembers Natasha waking her up from her very realistic nightmare. Lila was definitely Marlene's favorite . . . but don't tell anyone. 

There was a battle, as there always is with a threat. Ultron had raised an entire country into the sky. The Avengers with the help of Nick Fury and SHIELD got as many people to safety as possible. The Maximoff twins had taken Marlene's offer, switching sides to help defeat Ultron. 

J.A.R.V.I.S. was officially a humanoid powered by a fancy rock. 

And the reason Marlene doesn't remember much is a chain reaction. 

While saving a kid, heavy fire was upon Clint. Pietro ran around, knocking the bots down for the time being. Unfortunately, he missed one. This bot had switched his target to the speedster. 

Marlene knocked Pietro to the ground, saving his life. However, in the process, was skimmed by a bullet, causing blood loss. It wasn't a heavy flow, but still enough to cause unbalance and lack of coordination This went unnoticed by everyone seeing as her skin was barely visible through the grime. 

When Sokovia finally gave away, Marlene didn't make it to one of the carriers. She was stumbling along, and didn't make it in time. 

Tony found her, tumbling through the sky like a tumble weed while unconscious. He managed to place a parachute upon her, knowing his suit was losing power. Therefore, he could potentially make things worse. 

When Marlene woke up, Pietro profusely thanked her for saving his life. To which she assured him was nothing to thank her for. 

Steve was practically glued to Marlene's bedside in the annoying overprotective brother sense. 

However, when Marlene lay awake at night, only one thought crossed her mind; Am I still worthy?

It was one of the pranks Marlene and Nat played on the Avengers. They decided to place fanmade versions of Thor's hammer (bought from several small businesses) all around the compound. 

"Um . . . Marls, we should probably move that one," Nat said slowly, pointing to the one in the middle of a narrow hallway. "It's too close to this one, and we don't want Steve's old man back to give out."

"It'd be funny," Marlene smirked as she strolled over to it. "Why'd you set it here anyways, people could easily go around it."

"I didn't place it there," Natasha retorted. "You did."

"No, I didn't," Marlene fired back. "I put one on the toilet."

"Maybe it's Thor's hammer," Natasha suggested. "We both know he places it everywhere that shows any inconvenience."

"Can't be," Marlene shook her head as she lifted it easily, flipping it over and over again in her hand. "It's too light. Besides I just picked it up."

"Maybe Clint's messing with us-"

Natasha's sentence was cut off by Mjolnir flying out of Marlene's hand and into Thor's as he strolled around the corner. 

"Very clever, Lady Rogers and Lady Romanoff!" Thor's laughter boomed. "I can't even tell which hammer is my own!"

Marlene and Natasha were merely too stunned to speak, watching as Thor moved to the kitchen. 

"Lady Rogers!" Thor called. "Can you show me how to work the pop tart oven?"

"It's a toaster, Thor . . ."

Hi!

I'm sorry this is a really short chapter. 

If I'm being 100% honest, I love Age of Ultron but lack ideas to include in this story, hence the extremely slow updates. 

HOWEVER

I have a lot of ideas from Civil War-Infinity War and so on. 

It was just hard writing Age of Ultron because it's boring to me.