Saving Lives, Knives, and Relationship Pies

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

It wasn't long after meeting the Avengers did the world caught wind of Marlene's return. 

Every channel you flipped to on the TV was filled with reports of her return. All across social media there were jokes of the Rogers Siblings' inability to stay dead. Some people went as far as to say they'll simply "pull a Rogers" before doing something that could lead to immense physical pain. 

Nick Fury offered Marlene a place amongst the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. While she didn't technically "work for S.H.I.E.L.D." she was often on missions. She was typically partnered with Natasha while on said missions. 

Marlene "I hate Russians" Rogers and Natasha "A Russian" Romanoff were practically inseparable. They often trained together, and spent their days off hanging out together. They most definitely annoyed Steve together. 

It was part of their daily agenda; wake up, coffee, annoy Steve, train, annoy Steve, shower, annoy Steve Rogers, watch a movie, annoy Steve, kick ass, annoy Steve, and annoy Steve. 

When the winter came, they most certainly took Steve's shield sledding. That was the day Tony joined them. When the genius, playboy, philanthropist called to check in on Marlene, she had told him all about her and NAt's plans to take Steve's shield and go sledding. Tony, of course, hopped on board . . . literally. 

When Marlene wasn't with Steve, Nat. Tony, or off by herself, she was visiting someone. Someone she didn't think she'd see again, especially seeing as everyone else from her past was dead with exception of her brother.

Ninety-year-old Peggy Carter unfortunately suffered from dementia. It was both wonderful and painful to see her. Marlene went three times a week to see her. Three times a week she felt great amounts of happiness and great amounts of pain. Three times a week, she traveled across New York, knowing that one day, someone that has always been a constant presence in her life will not only die, but forget her.

"Hiya, Peg!" Marlene grinned brightly as she entered.

"Marls?" Peggy asked. Her voice was faint with age. The power it once held slowly began to dwindle. "You're alive? How-what-when?"

Marlene fought to keep her smile from faltering. Sometimes, when she would come to visit, she'd have to tell Peggy that she was alive again. It was hard, mainly because Marlene hated repeating herself, but it was also painfully, knowing Peggy's mind was slowly giving out on her, that her memories were begining to fade into nothingness.

"Yeah," the blonde forced a smile as she moved to sit in her chair. "I'm too pretty to kill."

"Well, you certainly act like my best friend," the elderly woman laughed. Her once beautiful dark brown hair was now an mystical white. "You certainly look like her too. No one can act so arrogant and humble at once."