1

A/N: okay, before we start, I've done so much thinking, and it just doesn't make sense. So let's go through some things. This family tree, is so CONFUSING! Literally, think about it, Arlo and Tommy are Nova's grandparents, but karters PARENTS. If Karter and nova have kids, it'll make them, on nova's side, great grandparents, but on karters side it'll be grandparents, as well as nova's fathers in laws. I think I'm thinking way too much into this, but it's Wattpad so anything can happen right? Eh, who cares, let's get on with the story. I hope you like it!

Don't forget, Nova has a mental age of a young child. As well as being a runt, she is small and can't do much. Yes her brothers baby her, but Karter won't, I promise that now. There may be times he does so she'll listen but other than that, it won't be much.

Nova POV

I giggled as I hid. Karters footsteps sounded as they reached the living room I was in. The house was quiet seeing as we were the only ones home. Stood behind a curtain, the sun shone on my back warming it with a soft breeze coming through the window. The scent of flowers and nature came at me, it was strong, which I loved since it's one of my favourite things to do. Be out in nature.

Ever since I shifted four years ago, I'm always outside if I can get Karter to come. Since he moved out from his home, he's been inside a lot. Nothing can get him outside other than me giving him puppy eyes. Grandpa Arlo didn't like it when Karter moved out, he was only sixteen but wanted to be on his own, so his parents agreed. Now we're both seventeen, coming up to eighteen it's been almost two years since he moved into his own home.

"Nova." Karters voice sounded. "Baby doll, come out, come out wherever you are."

Another giggle came from me making me slap my hand over my mouth so he would hear me. Of course it didn't work, because I screamed when Karter pulled the curtain back and 'roared' at me.

He picked me up, tickling me which only fuelled my laughter. My legs wrapped around his waist letting me cling to him so I could calm down. My best friend rubbed his hand on my back, the other holding me up as I cuddled up to his neck.

"Hungry baby doll?" Karter asked. I nodded, my smile not leaving my face as he carried me to the kitchen.

"We make cookies?" I looked at him.

"Not today doll. Maybe another day." He smiled softly. I nodded but that didn't stop tears from forming. "Don't cry Nova, I promise another day we'll do it. Alright?"

"Okay." I nodded again and made my hands tighter around his neck. As Karter went to sit me on a chair at the table, I clung to him tighter not wanting to be put down.

"Doll you need to sit so I can't make you food." He said sternly yet softly. I shook my head and made my legs and arms impossibly tighter.

"Yes Nova." Karters voice more stern than before. Once again I shook my head keeping myself wrapped against his cool body.

"Nova." He raised his voice. I froze not liking the way he said my name. "Please sit down."

I complied and let my legs fall, letting Karter sit me on the chair. "Good girl." He smiled and kissed my head.

"Why you no carry me? I wanna cuddle." I pouted while fiddling with my fingers. A bad habit I do when I don't get something I want.

"Baby doll you know the rules, when I make something for us, you have to sit on a chair. I can't hold you and make food because I might drop you. We don't want that do we?" He replied. I shook my head and pushed myself forward so I could reach the floor. Being small sucks because I can't do anything. I need dada and papa to help me get stuff, or Kobe, Jax or Jace. Being the only girl sucks to, I get babied 'cause I'm small and they say I'm like a baby, fragile and can't protect myself.

Which is a lie. I fight Karter all the time and I win. Sometimes he wins but then I get him to the floor making me the winner. Karter always says I'm a strong girl and shouldn't listen to Kobe, Jax and Jace. He says that they do it to annoy me and because I get angry they like the reaction out of me. I'm not sure what it means but I trust Karter so I listen to him.

"Here baby doll." Karter says taking me away from my thoughts. He sits be back on the chair taking one next to me while the plates of sandwiches are in front of us. Not wanting to sit on my own, I climb on to Karters lap leaning my back against his chest.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles while wrapping one arm around my middle so I don't fall.

"I wanna cuddle. You no busy no more so we cuddle." I shrugged and started eating. Ham and cheese filled my mouth making me smile that he always does my favourite.

"That's fine by me doll. We can watch a film after to, I'm sure I have some snacks around here. How does that sound?"

"Okay." I nodded with a mouth full of food.

"Don't speak with your mouth full baby. It's not nice." Karter frowned. I nodded muttering a 'sorry' to which he kissed my head.

"Karter." I looked at him after I finished what was in my mouth.

"Yes baby doll?"

"We watch coco?" I questioned wanting to watch the film. It makes me sad but the ending is happy so I like it.

"You sure baby? It makes you sad."

I nodded bouncing on his lap. Karter groaned closing his eyes before stopping my movements. "Alright doll, we'll watch coco. Eat up first or no sweets."

"Okay." I smiled.

A/N: So what do you think? First chapter I'm a little, not liking it but I'm hoping the book will get better as time goes on. Let me know what you think.