21

Tommy POV

I stayed quiet while Arlo, Elias and kolby spoke to Eli and Ryan. The younger boys in bed upstairs seeing at its late. They all spoke about whatever, the only subject that didn't come up was the fact that Ryan hurt my son. The anger I felt and still feel made me move into another room, two weeks ago I'd moved into a spare room because Elias would always make things worse so I ignored them all and went into my own room.

Sometimes I stayed with Karter so he didn't feel alone, my baby boy practically cried himself to sleep most nights. He went home earlier in the afternoon to get ready for Nova's party and has been out ever since. Karter told me about his fears of being mates with nova, I agree with him, I was scared with Arlo at first before we found each other's boundaries and since then, we've never crossed them.

The nights I didn't stay with my son, I had my husband in the room with me. While he slept I just watched him, thinking about this man could be with someone like me, Elias and kolby. Arlo is too good for us and he still puts up with our bullshit. But when it comes to me and Elias and kolby fighting, Arlo always chooses me, and I have no idea why.

They're his mates, his true mates and he chooses me over them. Always coming in to check on me, making sure I'm okay, seeing if I need this or that, simply cuddling me and telling me he loves me. Even in his ageing days he never stops making me fall for him over and over again, the love I have for him is one in a million and I'm so glad I met him.

"So have you spoken to Karter recently?" Elias asked Eli and Ryan.

"No, and if I see him I don't think Rowan will be happy. Probably hit him again." Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I'm glad you brought this up now." I spoke up for the first time this evening. "Next time you lay a hand on my son, I'll fucking give you the same. Maybe worse."

"Do you know what he did to my daughter?" Ryan growled at me.

"Don't ry." Eli started.

"Yes I know. But do you know why he did that? Do you know that full story? I think if you did you'd have a very different reaction." I hissed.

"Don't speak to him like that." Kolby growled.

"You don't know the story either, so you but out." I glared at him. "Fucking wolves fuck me off." I muttered.

"Come on then, give me the full story. That'll give me more the reason to beat his arse." Ryan growled.

"You fucking lay a hand on him and I'll kill you. Son or not, he's my boy and I will not have you hurt him." I spat out.

"Look." Arlo started. "Karter was confused. He'd found his mate and didn't think he was good enough for her because of what he is. He's scared, fearing he'd hurt his mate so to protect her, he lied. That's why nova was upset, because she was protected. That's all Karter wants, is for Nova to live her life and stay protected. And that's more than what I can say for any of us, because Karter is always there for her."

"He still made her cry." Ryan argued.

"And Eli made you cry. He hurt you but you still forgave him. Karter hurt Nova but I'm sure they both know they're mates and you never know, could be marking and mating now. Everyone here has done something to one another to hurt each other. So you stop this silly, pathetic hate because he's your little brother protecting your little girl, that's all he's done and all he ever will until she takes her last breath. So next time you see Karter, you're going to apologise or so help me god Ryan, I'll be hitting you." Arlo snapped.

"Yes mama." Ryan whispered with his head down.

"Last thing, keep your fucking wolf in check or it'll be both of you getting a whooping." He added. "Who wants cake?" My husband smiled.

Later on, everyone was in bed. I was in my room while the other three were in the main room. I laid in my boxers with the covers over my legs my torso on show. The silence surrounded me with darkness until my husband came in. He didn't say anything, he just laid down and cuddled up to me.

"You need to come back into the room now." Arlo whispered.

"No." I sighed through my nose. "I can't just stay in room with them knowing they treat our son differently. When we first got here and had sex I treated the boys as my own, never yelled, never told them off. I left that to Elias and Kolby because they are their dads. I never raised my voice at Theo and Cara because they're not mine. But for eighteen years I've had them tell my son off and shout at him and I can't say anything because he deserves it. What has Karter ever done to be yelled at. I know he can be troubled but even then he's not a bad boy. I'm sick and tired of
them treating my boy differently."

"I know. I'll speak to them."

"But you shouldn't have to. I know they class themselves as his dads as well, but I thought they'd do what I did. Stay back and let me do it all knowing he's my only biological son. Clearly I got that wrong." I sighed.

"They thought you needed help. You've never raised a child from newborn, they just thought you needed help." Arlo sighed as well.

"Then they have never been more wrong. I raised their children, it was me who helped you raise Theo and Cara and not once did I tell them off, I let you do it. And they didn't let me try. My son has been through shit because of them and his brothers, especially Ryan. I'm done with them doing shit so next time they try and discipline my son, I'll leave. I'll pack my shit and leave. Nothing will stop me."

"Don't say that. How can you say that?"

"Because for years I've dealt with them." I raised my voice. Tears filling my eyes. "I've tried to be civil, I've tried to put it all behind me for you. Because they're your mates. But they fight me on everything, they don't listen, they don't do anything but cause me hurt and anger as well as Karter. He's got enough going on and I'm done with his 'family' telling him what to do and not what to do. One more fucking chance Arlo, then I'm gone. Even if Karter doesn't follow, I won't stick around to be pushed around by some mutts."

"What am I then? Am I some mutt to you? I fight you on everything, I do stuff that kolby and Elias do but you have never said you'd leave me." He cried.

"I love you, that's why. You made me love again, and I will always love you. But with them it's different, I don't love them like I love you. You let me be on my own to raise Karter, you let me learn so one day I can teach him because he'll need it. Arlo you have no idea what you do to me, but with them I can't stand it anymore. One more chance, then I'm gone." I stated.

"What about me? You'd just leave me here??"

"This is where you belong. You were never meant to meet me, it's always going to be Elias and Kolby." I muttered.

"Fine, if you want to be like that." Arlo spat out. With that, he left the room slamming the door behind him. A huff came from my lips as I slumped back on the bed.

Everything I said is true, they never let Karter be, they never let me tell him off on my own or Arlo, they always had to interfere. And frankly, it fucks me off. I know I'm selfish for saying that, but when you've put up with it for so long, the ice finally breaks and it all comes crashing down.

I love Arlo, I'll always love him. But myself and Karter comes first, always has since the day I gave birth to him. But if it comes to me leaving...

No one will see me again.

A/N: hey, sorry it's been a couple days. My phone got broke and the keyboard hasn't been working but it's fixed now. I'm sorry for the wait.

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think.