20

Karter POV

For the last few weeks I've been staying with my dads. Dad, Arlo, has been staying with me, not talking just sitting in silence getting comfort from the one of three people that can give me comfort. The gratefulness I have for them people is indescribable and I wish I could tell them about it, yet I'm not good with talking about my feelings.

Since Nova left I haven't gone to see her. I did message Ryan and Eli but they said to give her some space. No matter what, Nova will always be my number one. There are so many things about her that I could say, the list is so long that it'd take me days just to finish it. I hate being cheesy but when it comes to that small girl I can't help it.

The things she does to me, the things she makes me feel. All of the emotions go through me at one other than ones that are negative. Love, adoration, happiness, lust, oh fuck the lust she makes me feel. I could see her and simply rip off her clothes. It didn't help that she kissed me or made me cup her boob. Everything that girl does makes me coo or want to fuck her, I won't though, I won't be the one to ruin that innocence, it won't be me to do anything with her,

Because I'm not right for her.

So while I got ready for the party, I made sure to dress up, make myself feel good because i know the night won't end well. The thought of tonight kills me, how Nova will hate me and feel betrayed while I'll be ashamed and hateful, nothing I feel towards Nova is negative. All I feel is good and happiness around her but this would make her hate me.

After a long shower, I got dressed into simple black jeans and a white T-shirt that hugged my muscles and defined my six pack nicely. Slipping on a leather jacket, I sprayed some cologne on me knowing it's Nova's favourite. One time for Christmas she got me a gift, the cologne I use, she smelt it and loved it so she got it for me. Ever since she hasn't stopped getting it for me, she just loves it so much. I think that's why she likes hugging me so much or taking it to spray on to herself.

Once I was ready, I looked at myself in the mirror. The confident man looked back at me yet I didn't feel how I looked. Nerves crept up on me knowing tonight is the night and there is no stopping it. No more denial, no more wasting time and certainly no more lies.

With that, I grabbed the present that has been in my wardrobe for months, and left the house after saying goodbye to my family. Walking fast, I made it to the house where loud music filled my ears, the smell of wolfsbane and alcohol filled my nose. When I entered the home, I made sure to mask my scent then made my way to find Nova.

When I did see her, my body froze and I couldn't move. Rogue and Isaiah were edging me on to go to her, but my feet wouldn't move. I was torn. Do I just do it or wait until there is no loud noise and it's just me and her. In the end I moved before she saw me and put her present in her room.

Needing air, I went out back and stood on the decking leaning on the railing. For goddess knows how long stood there for, but it wasn't until i checked the time that I thought it was time. With a deep breath, I unmasked my scent letting it flow through the house.

Nova POV

"You okay Nova?" Mika asked me, worry on her face.

I nodded and sniffed the air. The scent filling my nose, fresh cut wood and a hint of cinnamon. Ignoring the girls, I turn around and walk about to find the source of this mouthwatering scent. Nothing seems familiar about it so if it's my mate, I have no clue who it could be. I just know who it won't be, it won't be Karter.

Walking around, I don't find anyone that sticks out or that Kyra has been drawn to, to be our mate. And that she's only been muttering mate in my head since we caught the scent. Since it wasn't in the house, I decided to check outside, first going to the front of the house where there was only wolves passed out from drinking too much.