64

Nova POV

Braxton hicks are a bitch. I've been awake for almost two hours walking the length of my bedroom so I could get comfortable but they don't stop. Every time I think it's the last one, another starts. My back kills and my mates are snoring like buffalos. They haven't slept in a couple nights or days since they're, of course, vampires so they don't sleep often. But they haven't slept in almost a week, so now here I am waddling along trying not to wake them.

As soon as night hit both Alaric and Karter was ready to call it a night so we went to bed early. It's now nearing my due date, we're three and a half months in so it wouldn't surprise me if these twins came in the next few weeks. My bump is so big I can't see my toes even if I lean forward. Unless I have my leg over a pillow or one of their dads they won't stop moving.

"Ah fuck." I groaned out as a powerful braxton hick came at me full force. My hands squeezing the bottom of the bed post so I had something to hold on to. My eyes squeezed shut as I took deep breaths.

Of course my pain didn't go unheard as Karter and Alaric looked up at me sleepily. Both got up and helped me sit on the bed letting me squeeze their hands. Karter letting me hold his hands while Alaric rubbed my back soothing the pain.

"Braxton hicks again." I breathed out when the pain finally stopped.

"Are you okay? How long have you been up?" Alaric asked moving to stand in front of me with Karter, letting me take one of his hands as well.

"A couple hours. I'm okay, the walking helps a lot. So does you rubbing my back." I replied closing my eyes and leaving against them.

"Come on, let's go back to bed. Get some sleep so you have enough energy for the scan tomorrow." Karter said and started gently pushing me back towards the bed to lay down.

"Okay. Let me pee first." I huffed before using my mates to pull myself off of the bed. Once I got up, I waddled to the bathroom and closed the door. Once I was done, I got up and flushed before going to the sink and washing my hands.

As soon as I turned the tap off, I felt a gush of liquid pour down my legs wetting the underwear I had on. My heart sank not knowing what was happening. After freaking out for a few minutes, another pain filled my body making me groan and hold on to the sink. Once the pain settled, I called my mates in.

"I think we need to call Cara." I breathed out. Alaric nodded before rushing out of the bathroom and grabbing his phone to call Cara. Karter took one of my hands in his, placing the other around my back and helping me to the bedroom. We said we'd have a home birth so we just needed to wait for Cara to get here.

Karter changed my clothes into a clean T-shirt keeping nothing on under it so Cara could check me when she got here. Thankfully she explained what we should do when my water breaks. She told me to go bare but have something on, it was so she could check me when she needed to and not worry about anything getting in the way.

"How are you feeling, Nova?" Cara asked as she walked in.

"Okay. Painful, but I'm okay." I replied taking a deep breath.

"Right, Alaric told me you've been up for a couple hours with pains, I'm going to check how much you've dilated, okay." She stated. I nodded.

"Where should I go?" I asked.

"Anywhere you're comfortable, hun. Stay standing, lay down, go on all fours. As long as you're comfortable." Cara told me putting on latex gloves. I nodded and stayed standing where she kneeled behind me. Karter still holding my hands and Alaric stood next to me, ready to rub my back when I felt the braxton hicks.