11

Nova POV

I waited for Karter after school. I didn't see mika or Wyatt at lunch so I sat on my own. I'm a big girl so I got my own lunch and I found my own table to sit at without the comforts of my family. Usually they do it all, find the table and Karter gets my lunch, it was a little weird but I got it done.

Karter always takes me home so I sat on the wall and waited. Everybody passed me but didn't stop. They all came out until there was no one. Even teachers left leaving it dark and cold, with no one in the car park. It was all empty. I couldn't go back into school because it was locked, so it left me to sit on the wall.

Soon it got really dark and I didn't know what to do. Tears streamed down my cheeks from how cold and scared I felt. Karter isn't here so he can't help me, and he's always here. It wasn't until a beep came from my bag that I remembered that I have a phone. Stupid brain. I quickly got it to see a game notification, ignoring it, I unlocked my phone and found the contact.

"Hello?" The deep voice of my best friend sounded.

"Y-you left m-me." I cried.

"What? Nova where are you?" Karter asked.

"A-at s-school. Y-you w-weren't here. You l-left m-me."

"Why the hell are you at school? I thought Mika or Wyatt would walk you home. Why didn't you call earlier, or call your parents?"

"I didn't remembered I have my phone. You always here and you forget me." I sobbed.

Karter POV

I rushed to my car not listening to my fathers calling my name. Panic set in me that something bad happened to her while she just waited, the need to get to her quickly was overwhelming. Just the thought of Nova sitting there alone and cold had me angry at myself that I had a fight and was forced home that I actually forgot my baby. The only one that was on my mind all the time. Yet I somehow forgot her.

Driving over the speed limit, i got to Nova in minutes. It would probably have been quicker to run but I don't know how cold she is, so having her in the car would warn her up. Leaving the car on and the door open, I rushed out to pull her to my arms. Her sobs sounded in my ear, hatred and anger filling me for what I had done. All of it aimed towards myself because I forgot the most important girl in my life.

"You forgot me." Nova cried.

"I know baby doll. I'm so so fucking sorry. Im so sorry." I held her tightly. My hand smoothing down her hair to calm her. Yet she didn't cease to stop her crying. Sobs sounded around the empty car park.

"You forgot me." She hiccuped through her sobs while looking at me.

"I know and I am so sorry." I held her cheeks so she'd look at me and see how sorry I am. "I, something happened today and I had to go home. I fell asleep and didn't wake up until I heard the phone. Baby doll I am so so sorry. I know sorry won't cut it but I will do everything to make it up to you."

"What happened?" She asked. "Why did you forget me?"

"Some boys being pricks doll. They got me angry and something else happened that you don't need to know. I don't want you scared of me." I whispered the last part.

"Okay." She nodded and hugged me again. I pulled her impossibly close to me, keeping my arms tight to keep in the warmth. Being a runt Nova can radiate heat, but it's not enough to keep her warm so she feels the cold. And it's now fucking 9:00pm and she's freezing.

"I'm so sorry doll." I whispered to her again and took her to the car.
Once I sat her in the passenger side and buckled her up, I got to the drivers side so I could get her home to warm up more.

When we got to her house, Nova didn't let go of me, her hands tightly gripped my T-shirt not seeming to let go any time soon. Ryan and Eli gasped when they saw me and took Nova from my arms. She cried into Ryan's chest while they both held her in their embrace. The boys stood behind them, looking worried at their sister.

"What did you do you bastard?" Kobe growled and punched me. It only made Nova cry even more and get out of her fathers' embrace. She clung to me so her brother couldn't hit me again and I picked her up where she once again held on to me tightly.

"Karter forgot me." She whimpered.

"For six and a half hours." Ryan growled deeply. "Get the fuck out now." He yelled.

"No." Nova whimpered and made her arms impossibly tighter around my neck.

"Ryan be rational about this. You know mama explained what happened." Eli glared at his mate.

"And he forgot my daughter. She was left alone knowing anything could've happened to her. I'm not okay with that."

"She's our daughter and it was for a logical reason. I'm pissed she was left but at least he got to her. So shut up and thank him that he got there before anything could happen." Eli growled.

"I'm sorry Karter, I just don't want anything to happen to her." Ryan turned to me.

"It's my fault." I muttered. "I should have remembered knowing she didn't have a class with Mika or Wyatt."

"She's here now, that's all that matters." Eli said calmly. "Come on baby girl, let's get you bathed and ready for bed. I'll have daddy make you something to eat."

"No." Nova whined. "Karter stay with me. Karter stay with me." She held on to me. "Karter bath me and have dinner with me then he stay with me. Karter stay with me."

"Baby doll you know I can't. I can have dinner but I can't bath you." I told her with a small sigh knowing she'd just cry.

"But I just want you." She whispered. "I say you can see my body papa say only when I say people can see it. I want you to see it so you can bath me." Nova carried on, her puppy eyes making me want to break and just go through with it.

I shook my head closing my eyes. "No Nova, I can't. Go with papa then I'll see you in ten minutes okay. Be a good girl."

"No." She sobbed.

"Karter just take her. I'll get the food started for when she gets out." Eli told me.

"He's not seeing my daughter naked."

"He's not seeing my sister naked." Ryan and Kobe said at the same time.

"You try separating them then. Good luck with that." Eli sent a glare to his mate and son before going to the kitchen. Yet before he entered, he turned back.

"Besides it's nothing he hasn't seen before. Go on up Karter." He gave me a soft smile. I nodded and carried Nova up to her room and into the bathroom.

When I tried to set her down, she'd just tighten her arms around me so I couldn't run the bath. "Nova you have to get down so I can run the bath. I'll put extra bubbles in."

"Bubbles?" She looked at me. I nodded and repeated, "Bubbles."

Hesitantly, Nova got down to stand there but did so nonetheless. I started the water, put the plug in and let the small girl add her own bubbles knowing she goes over the top putting it in. It wasn't until I saw most of the bottle gone that I stopped her from adding anymore.

A/N: I am so, so sorry that I haven't updated. I've been so busy getting ready to go back to school and it's been hectic. There will be more chapters today to make it up to you all. Thank you for reading, let me know what you think.