54

Nova POV

It's been three weeks since I got that lingerie for Karter. A week and a half ago I started feeling nauseous and being sick during the day. Worried, I haven't told Karter nor Alaric because they would just make it a big deal and we have so much to worry about anyway. I still need to make it up to Karter because I hurt him and I don't want him to worry about anything. The same with Alaric.

When I feel like this or throw up, I play it off as going to the bathroom. They haven't said anything about it yet so I don't think they can hear me when it's happening. In the mornings I use the toilet downstairs while 'I'm making breakfast'. I know I shouldn't lie to them, but things have been so good since we got back from the cabin, I don't want to break any progress we've made. Especially between Karter and I.

But here I am now, hunched over the toilet, one hand holding my hair back while the other is on the bowl next to me. A soft knock on the door sounded then opened just as I threw up again. The person entered and pulled back my hair and tied it in a low bun so I didn't have to hold it. A large warm hand rubbed my back as I carried on throwing up what was in my stomach.

"Now why haven't you told your mates yet?" Uncle Theo questioned me.

"I don't want to worry them." I muttered quickly before any vomit could cut me off. We didn't speak for another five minutes before I felt like I was better enough that I wasn't going to be sick anymore. I flushed the toilet and sat back leaning against the wall wiping my mouth. "Please don't tell them." I whispered, begging him with my eyes to not say anything.

"Nova, this is serious darlin'. You have to tell them soon, okay." He sighed. "How long has this been going on for?"

"A week and a half." I admitted. "I don't think they know. They haven't said anything either."

"I want to ask you a serious question Nova. Don't get embarrassed, I just need to know so we can rule out some things, okay." Theo stated. I nodded indicating him to ask his question. "Have you, Alaric and Karter used protection when you've mated?"

My cheeks heated immediately from the many time we've made love. I nodded and looked down. "Every time." I whispered. "Karter doesn't want pups yet so he uses the condoms. So does Alaric just in case."

"Are you sure? Maybe there was a time it slipped their minds, or it broke?" Uncle Theo asked.

"No. I don't think so." I answered feeling sad about not being able to have pups yet. But I know Karter will make it special when the time is right. He's such an amazing mate and only wants what's best for me, so if he thinks we should wait for pups, I stand by his decision now.

"Okay darlin'." He nodded. "I think you should tell them though. Or, you let me take you to Cara so she can check you out to see what's going on. It's either me or you let Alaric and Karter take you."

"I don't want to go to doctors uncle Theo." I whimpered tears forming and rolling down my cheeks.

"I know Nova, but you're sick." He sighed in defeat. "What if it's really bad. You should know what it is before it gets worse."

"Can you take me?" I asked him after a couple silent moments.

"Of course darlin'. Let's go get dressed." He nodded.

"What do I tell 'Laric and Karter?" I sniffled and stood up after taking his hands.

"Tell them I'm taking you out for ice cream and they aren't allowed to come. They'll be okay for a couple hours." Uncle Theo suggested. I nodded and walked to my room while he went to his to get ready.

My mates still lay asleep where I left them twenty-five minutes ago. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks which I quickly wiped away. What if I'm dying and I leave them behind? I don't want to hurt Karter more and I don't want to hurt Alaric. I don't want to leave any of them. They make me happy and I make them happy, I don't want them to be sad because I'm sick.

Quickly, I got dressed without waking my sleeping mates. Carefully, I kissed Karters head then Alarics, but woke him in the process.

"Where you going baby?" Alaric looked at me sleepy.

"Ice cream with uncle Theo." I told him.

"Really? What's the time?" He frowned while leaning over Karter to look at his phone. "At 10am? It's a bit early for ice cream don't you think? Why don't you get back into bed baby? We can watch a film until Karter wakes up."

"No. Uncle Theo said we go do something before ice cream so it won't be early. I'll see you soon." I said and kissed him before standing up and walking out of the room.

Uncle Theo stood by the front door waiting for me. "Ready?" He smiled softly at me. I nodded and left the house with him following. Once we got far away enough from the house, uncle Theo spoke again so Alaric wouldn't be able to hear us with his vampire hearing.

"Cara is ready for us when we get there. No one has to know we were there other than you, me and her." He stated. Once again I nodded and carried on walking until we got to the medical house.

We reached a room where auntie Cara was and she smiled at us. "Hey. What's going on then?"

"Sickness. For a week and a half." Uncle Theo told her when I stayed silent. "Nova told me her and the boys used condoms every time, but could one have broken?"

"It depends really. I guess if they didn't change it every time they had intercourse with multiple rounds it could. But if they changed it every time, then it's less likely." She replied.

"So pregnancy is ruled out." Uncle Theo sighed. "What could it be?"

"Stress, nova has been under so much stress recently. Maybe it's taken a toll on her body now."

"Cara, I don't think it's stress. I really don't." He sighed rubbing his face.

"What do you suppose it is? Theo if they used protection every time then she can't be pregnant. Unless there's other signs to pregnancy then we can't say that's what it is." Cara sighed.

"Run tests, do an ultrasound or something. I don't fucking know, Cara." Theo shouted frustratedly.

"I want to go home now." I whispered.

"Pudge." He yelled all of a sudden. "Nova, do you have a bit of a belly? Remember when Ryan looked when Eli was pregnant with Nova? Come on she's not sick or stressed, I have this feeling. Please Cara, just do something."

"Nova do you consent for me to do some tests to see if you're pregnant or not?" Cara asked me.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I nodded. She told me to sit on the bed and told Theo to go home and she would take me home later. Uncle Theo kissed my head and said goodbye before leaving the room. I know he didn't leave fully wanting to know the results.

But thoughts clouded my mind as Cara took blood from my arm. She gave me a tissue so I could wipe my eyes. "I'm sorry baby girl, I hate to do this to you because of my stubborn twin." She sighed.

I nodded and looked at my feet. "But there's pudge." I whispered looking at her.

A/N: Okay so I know I said I would update more often, I'm sorry I haven't. It's been way too hot and I've been looking for jobs since leaving school. But I've given up so I'm just going to write chapter after chapter until this book is done so no more long waiting times for chapters.

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think.