46

Nova POV

My heart hurt. I don't know how else to describe this feeling. All I can say is that there is this pain and hurt in my chest. Like a piece of me is missing and I know what it is. It's Karter. Alaric goes between us he just hasn't told me where he is. All I want to do is apologise and beg for his forgiveness and make up for what I did.

When I woke up all I wanted to do again was cry until I fell asleep again so I didn't have to feel the pain. Nothing helps and I just keep hating myself even more. Alaric helps, he shouldn't, he should hate me and leave me to hurt like I deserve, but he holds me when I need him and tells me Karter still loves me but I don't think that's true.

I looked to the side of me to see Alaric still sleeping. He looked peaceful so I let him sleep. Getting out of bed, I went downstairs and left the house. Keeping my head down, I walked to the woods and shifted into my wolf. Shaking out my fur, I took a slow walk. I didn't look where I was going and I didn't even bother to care where I was going. All that I did care about was getting Karter to forgive me.

As I walked, birds, deer and squirrels caught my attention, but not enough to the point where I could forget this pain for a second. It didn't occur to me that I could get lost, that I wouldn't be able to find my way back. All I wanted was for the pain to disappear. Nothing but trees and wildlife surrounded me.

It wasn't until I looked up and saw Alaric's home that I walked there. When I entered there was the faint scent of Karter making me whimper. Quickly going into Alarics room, I shifted and put on a T-shirt. I went back into the living room to look around properly. Whenever we're here we usually go to the lake some feet away or we all make love and stay in the room. I never really got the opportunity to look around for myself.

Alaric had the standard homey touches. Old pictures from decades ago, some things painted, little souvenirs I guess he got when travelling. I guess being a vampire has some perks, you get to go anywhere. You could travel the world so many times because there are so many places to visit. I would love to visit the world, to have Alaric and Karter show me all the beautiful things different countries have to offer, the cutler and foods.

"Nova?" Someone spoke. I gasped and turned around to see Karter with shopping bags in his hand.

"Karter?" I whispered, tears forming in my eyes as my bottom lip trembled.

He held anger in his eyes, I didn't blame him. His knuckles turning white from the fist he created around the handle of the bags. There was so much fury in his eyes that I wanted to look away and cower down, but I didn't. I held his gaze and didn't back down. I have to make this right.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He growled. His eyes flicking from his vampire to his normal eye colour.

"I'm really sorry Karter. I didn't mean it, I-I don't understand and I'm really sorry. 'Laric told me what it all means and I'm really, really sorry."

"Do you really think sorry will cut it?" He spat out walking to the kitchen where he put the bags down. "Sorry is just a word people use way too much. It doesn't have meaning, it doesn't mean shit. What you said to me Nova is unforgivable." He shouted. "Why should I forgive you? Huh? Tell me." I cried as I stood there listening to him shout.

"Do you know what you accused me of Nova? Do you now understand what you said?" Karter walked over to me, his voice still raised. "Why would you ever say anything to someone what you don't understand. Would you say it to your dads? To your bothers?"

"No." I whispered.

"Then why is it different for me?" Karter shouted grabbing my shoulders to hold me in place. His hold right probably bruising me but I deserved it.

"Hurt me please." I sobbed. "Please I don't like it hurt me so you feel better. Hurt me like I hurt you Karter."

"Why the fuck would I do that?" His voice cracked, tears forming in his eyes. "What is wrong with you Nova? Tell me why I would hurt you like that?"

"Because I hurt you. It's not fair, and I know that now Karter. I just want to make it better. I don't want Karter to hurt anymore." I cried to him. "Please don't hurt anymore. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I won't say it again I know it now. It's bad, please Karter please, I'll do anything."

"Leave me alone." He muttered. "If you'll do anything then leave me alone."

"No Karter anything but that. I love you lots and lots. I'll make it up to you, I will. I'll give you cuddles to make you feel better like you do with me, I'll give you kisses and I'll make you dinner. I won't have pups, we don't have to do it no more. Please Karter don't leave me."

"You really hurt me Nova. And a sorry, cuddles, nothing will fix it." Karter said.

"I will please, please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Leave Nova." Karter said before letting go of me and walking off.

I feel to my knees and sobbed. "Don't leave me Karter. Please, I didn't mean it, please. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I won't do it again, I'm sorry. Please don't leave me. I don't want to be on my own. Please Karter." I begged.

He stopped in his tracks and listened to me. "Please." I begged. "I need you Karter, I'm sorry."

In a blink of an eye, Karter was next to me and scooped me up. He took me into the bedroom where he laid down and held me against him. I sobbed and held on to him like if I loosened my grip he would let me go and leave.

"Please don't leave me." I begged crying into his chest.

"Never." Karter replied softly and kissed my head.

Here's an update for you guys. Hope you enjoyed it and let me know in the comments