7. The Assassin of the Mist!

A few hours after the previous incident, Team 7 along with Tazuna were now on a boat, traveling through the lake on their way to the location.

"This fog is so thick, you can't see anything!" whispers Sakura, trying to look at her surroundings

Naruto sniffs the air, everyone else is dead silent.

"The bridge isn't far now, our destination is ahead, the 'Land of Waves'." explains the boat rower.

Naruto and the rest of the boat look up to see a gigantic bridge and construction equipment, "Woah, it's huge!" shouts an emphatic Naruto.

"Will you keep it down?! I told you no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing." whisper scolded the irritated boat rower.

"Moving through the dense fog, so they don't see us." he continues, Naruto immediately covering his mouth.

Kakashi starts to stare at the bridge builder, "Mr. Tazuna, before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something." Tazuna keeps his head down, completely silent, "The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid we'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

He grunts at the threat, Kakashi still staring at him.

The entirety of team 7 was now looking at him, waiting for an answer, "I have no choice but to tell you." he finally says while looking up, "No. I want you to know the truth."

"Like you said, this is beyond the scope of your original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man, who casts a long and deadly shadow."

"A deadly shadow?" asks the curious Jonin, the two now staring directly in each other's eyes, "Who?"

"You know him. Or atleast I'm sure you've heard his name before." Tazuna pauses for a moment, "He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet, Gato."

Kakashi's visible eye widens, "Gato? As in Gato transport? He's a business leader, everyone knows him!"

"Who, who?! What, what?!" asks the eager Naruto with his hands on his lap.

"Gato. He's a very powerful tycoon that comes from a famous company that's true, but below the surface; with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over business and nations. He sells drugs and contraband. Using gangs and ninja." he explains with his head down.

Lifting his back up, he continues, "It was one year ago, when Gato first set his sight on the land of Waves. He took total control of our transportation and shipping, anyone who got in his way simply disappeared."