11. Gaara of the Desert

The mission in the Land of Waves was finally over. Infact it's been a few days since they've returned back to the Hidden Leaf, but it's been the longest few days of Miyo's life.

Ever since the 'incident' on the bridge, Sasuke has been by her side 24/7. It's been nice to have his company sure, but this was too much.
The only time she was out of his sight was when she had to use the restroom.

But it's hard blame him though, his sister had literally died in his arms. A traumatizing experience indeed.

Current Time

Sasuke, Miyo, and Sakura were all waiting patiently on the bridge they were suppose to meet their sensei on. But what was unusual was that Naruto wasn't there either.

After a while, sounds of footsteps running towards them can be heard, making everyone look towards the direction.

There he was in all his glory, Naruto Uzumaki.

He continued to run towards his fellow genin, "Good morning Sakura, Miyo!" he says with a wave. Miyo gives a wave back while Sakura just doesn't respond.

Naruto notices Sasuke and gives him a glare, to which he returns. There's been more friction between the two ever since the Land of Waves, but neither Miyo nor Sakura could figure out why.

They broke the glare and look the other way, both making a "Hmph." sound while they do.

"Man what is up with you two? You've both been acting like children since we came back to the Hidden Leaf. It's been getting annoying. Don't you agree, Sakura?" Miyo asks with a twitched eyebrow.

Sakura let's out a sigh, "I guess you're right."

Naruto immediately points at Sasuke, "It's his fault! He started it!" both Miyo and Sakura facepalm at his antics.

Sasuke just scoffs, "Hn. Keep telling yourself that, loser." the comments making Naruto even more angry, the two start glaring at each other again.

'Kakashi-sensei, please show up soon.'

Timeskip

It's been a few more hours since that incident.
Kakashi has still yet to show up, until...

"Hey guys! Good morning!" their sensei says with a wave, "Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." said Kakashi while crouching on top of a beam above the bridge.

"What?!" both Naruto and Sakura shout at the same time, Miyo would have joined but she was too lazy to care.

Kakashi hops off the beam infront of his team.

Naruto gives him an excited look, "I'm ready for the next ninja mission sensei! And hey, cmon, no more of this dumb beginner stuff okay?! I want a chance to prove myself! I'm talking a real mission where I can show what I made of!"

Naruto let's out a yell, fire can literally be seen in his determined eyes, "I gotta break out and burn it up! See?!"

"Uhh... right. I get it, that's great. Now take it easy would you?" Kakashi nervously asks.

Naruto turns his head back towards Sasuke, 'Sasuke! He's always rescuing everyone on these missions! Trying to grab all the glory and make me look like a chump! But he'll never get the edge on me!'

'Ugh! He's such a twerp!' Sakura thinks with an irk mark.

Miyo walks up to Naruto and gives him a bonk on his head, "Stop thinking about one-upping my brother. Jealousy is a bad trait, ya know."