30. Escape to the Rain!

w/ mentions of suicide.

Rain poured down heavily on the grieving medical shinobi

Though, some water droplets could have been mistaken for tears that were slowing flowing down her face.

A sudden hand placed on her shoulder caused Shizune to immediately switch her gaze from the gravestone to the woman directly behind her.

"You've been out here for quite a while," Tsunade sighed, "I think it's time to come back inside, you'll catch a cold if you stay out here for much longer." she added, though by the pained look in Shizune's eye, it was rather obvious that she didn't care.

The silence between the two was deafening.

Shizune returned her sight to the gravestone, placing a gentle hand on it with a growing frown, "Why?" she whispered to herself, "Why did she have to do it? Wasn't there anything we could've done?" she questioned in a raised voice.

Tsunade took a few steps forward, crouching down next to her assistant, lightly grazing her fingers across the name on the gravestone.

"I'm afraid not. There was no indication of anything like this being a possibility. It's tragic, really. She will be missed by us all." Tsunade answered, her tone just as gloomy as the weather outside.

"I just wish I could've something to help."

Tsunade slowly stood back onto her feet, turning around and giving Shizune one last look of pity as she left to give her space once more.

Not too long after the Hokages departure, a familiar silver-haired shinobi silently walked right next to her, holding an umbrella at an angle that protected the both of them from the frenzy of rain.

There were no words exchanged between them, just complete silence at they continued staring down at the newly engraved tombstone of the last remaining female Uchiha.

3 Days Earlier...

A loud exhale of stress echoed through the cleared out bedroom, finally putting down the pen as she finished writing the letter of acknowledgment that she'll be in the Hidden Rain Village by the early afternoon.

As soon as the clock strikes midnight, it would be time to finally leave the Village, permanently.

Rolling up the paper, she ties a small ribbon around it, making sure it won't fall off on its trip.

As soon as that was completed, she pulled out a kunai from her ninja pouch. Lightly cutting a bit of her left thumb to complete the Summoning Jutsu handsigns.

A crow appeared from the smoke, looking at her curiously as she tied the paper around its neck, not loose enough for it to fall off, nor tight enough for it to strange the poor bird.