22. Itachi Uchiha

Two days have passed since the ambush on the Hidden Leaf via the Sand and Sound shinobi

It's also been 24 hours since Lord Thirds funeral.

Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto were all out doing their own thing, team 7 not having any missions for the second consecutive day.

Kakashi had ordered Miyo to stay home and rest, not going with her protesting, but in the end she reluctantly agreed.

So there she was laying down on her bed, ankle and torso wrapped heavily in bandages, deep in thought with her hands behind her head, staring blankly at the ceiling.

'That chakra presence yesterday... it felt so familiar. But why...' she scoffs to herself, 'This isn't like me, why am I so fixated on this subject?!' she questions while rubbing her face.

She holds out her right hand infront of her face, studying the white mark on her palm, 'I still can't comprehend how this thing operates. It's so complex it hurts my brain even thinking of it.'

Miyo slowly hops off her bed, stretching her stiff muscles, 'Oh well. All this thinking's got me hungry.' she thinks while walking out of her bedroom, strapping her ninja pouch to her thigh.

'I haven't had dango in a long time... but Ichiraku is literally the best ever! Damn I can't ever make decisions myself!' she thinks as she pulls out a coin.

'Heads, Ichiraku. Tails, Dango.'

She flips the coin onto her hand, showing tails.

A smile of satisfaction graces her, 'Dango it is.'

Timeskip

Miyo made her way to the dango shop, casually walking without a care in the world.

Her little daydreaming session was interrupted by Kakashi's voice, "Miyo, what're you doing here?" he asks while leaning against a beam of the dango store.

Someone's hand inside the shop slightly flinches at the mention of her name.

"Oh Kakashi-sensei, sorry I'm a little hungry and I'm kinda in the mood for some dango."she explains sheepishly while rubbing the back of her head. "What about you, what're you doing here?" she asks while walking in front of him.

Kakashi just shrugs his shoulders, "I'm just waiting here for Sasuke, y'know, training purposes..."

As if on queue Sasuke appears walking up next to Miyo, "Hey Kakashi, it's not like you to show up on time, what gives?"