12. Rock Lee vs Sasuke

The Next Day

The Genin were back at the same bridge as yesterday, waiting for their sensei yet again.

Sakura let's out a loud sigh, "Ahhh! Why, Why, Why?! It's always the same! He sets the time then we have to wait hours for him!" she yells to herself.

"It's not fair!" Naruto yells with his arm up in agreement.

"What about my feelings?! I rushed here so fast I didn't have anytime to blow dry my hair!" she complains again with an irk mark.

"And I didn't even have enough time to brush my teeth or change my underwear!" shouted Naruto.

Miyo gives him a weird look, "Naruto... that's too much information my man."

Sakura also looks at him with disgust, "You didn't? That's really disgusting Naruto."

'First thing in the morning and they're already driving me nuts.' Sasuke thinks to himself.

Kakashi appears atop the beam of the bridge again, catching everyone's attention. "Hey! Good morning everyone! Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." he says while jumping down towards the genin.

"I know this is a bit sudden, but I recommended you for the chunin exams. All four of you." he pulls out pieces of paper, "These are the application forms."

"Application forms?" Sakura asks.

"You're repeating me, Sakura." states Kakashi.

"This is all voluntary, it's up to each of you. If you don't feel ready, you can wait till next year." Kakashi continued.

"Alright Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto yells while giving Kakashi a hug around his neck, "Hey! Don't slobber on my vest." he says while setting Naruto down.

"Whoever wants to take the exams, sign the application and come to room 301 at the academy. It's at 3 p.m., 5 days from now. That's it." Kakashi finished.

Naruto let's out a goofy laugh, "Chunin Exams! Chunin Exams!"

Timeskip

The genin were now on their way to a mission, Naruto holding out the application form in his hands.

'Chunin exams! I'll be up against a lot of really wicked ninja! Like the guy with the mummy on his back!' he glances at Sasuke, 'And Mr Attitude!'

He then imagines taking them both down, standing atop their fallen bodies. Then snickering to himself when he imagines Hiruzen retiring, giving up his position as Hokage and giving it to Naruto.

'I hope I get the chance to fight that guy.' Sasuke thinks to himself, referring to Gaara.

'Man there's gonna be some strong people, I can't wait to beat them all. No mercy.' Miyo thinks to herself with a smirk.

'There's no way I'll pass Miyo and Sasuke, I can't even beat Naruto.' Sakura sighs, 'This is hopeless.'

Timeskip

The next day, Miyo was walking by herself to her meditation spot. Team 7 was done with missions for today, so she decided it was time for personal use.

She was about half way through her route in the forest until she was confronted by a man.

He was tall, wearing a Kakashi-like mask over his nose, also wearing a straw hat with the Hidden Rain symbol embedded on it, and a black cloak. "Hey you! Don't you even think about taking the Chunin Exams this year! Or else!" he says with a kunai in his hand.