27. Goodbye

The sound of ticking echoed through the hospital room as Sasuke sat up on the bed, more deep in thought than he's ever been

Miyo had noticed her brother's change in behavior ever since he came back from the escort mission in the Land of Tea.

A total look of defeat and mental exhaustion written all over his face.

Speaking of Miyo, there she was in a chair next to her brother, resting her head on the bed as she attempted to get a wink sleep for the first time in days.

Ever since she's woken up from her comatose state, she hasn't gotten a single minute of rest.

Footsteps could be heard approaching the room, although both siblings were too stuck in their own world to bother looking who it was.

The door slid open to reveal their pink-haired teammate with a flower in her hand and a big smile on her face.

"Hey, Sasuke!" she shouted while sliding the door closed behind her.

Sasuke paid her no mind until his sister shot up from her rest position at the sudden loud voice, giving Sakura a side-eyed glare.

Miyo sleepily turned her head with half-lidded eyes to greet her teammate, "Oh, hey Sakura. What're you doing here?" she asks with a yawn.

Sakura gives her a close eyed smile, "I'm just here to check up on Sasuke, well and replace the flower in the vase, I noticed it was wilting a bit!" she answered cheerfully while walking up to the table on the other side of the bed, replacing said flower.

She happily hums a song while turning around to walk back out of the room, but stopped for a second as she took notice of the female Uchiha's current state.

"Geez, Miyo... have you been getting any sleep lately? You look worse than Sasuke!" she yelled while worrily placing her hands on hips.

Miyo waves her off, "What, me? Nah, I don't need sleep! I'm perfectly fine, trust." she says while letting out another yawn with a small stretch.

Sakura rolls her eyes, "Oh well, if you say so." she sighs as she continues her way to the door, "I'll be back in a little bit, if you guys need anything, just let me know!"

Miyo gives a closed eyed smile, "Will do. Thanks, Sakura."

With that being said, she left the room, leaving the two siblings alone in silence once more.

Not once through that whole sequence has Sasuke said even a word, causing Miyo to give him a slight frown, "C'mon, Sasuke. I know Sakura isn't your favorite person in the world, but you could've atleast said, 'Thank you.' though."

Sasuke continued to stare off into space, obviously not having heard a word she said.

She lets out a sigh in defeat, tugging at his hand in attempt to get his attention. To her surprise, it actually worked. He blinks a few times before turning his attention towards his sister, returning the small smile she was giving him.