18. Mother of Chakra.

It's been almost two weeks since the preliminaries

It's been almost two weeks since the preliminaries. It's also been the most boring two weeks of Miyo's life.

Kakashi had requested Jiraiya of the Sannin to help train Naruto for the entire month break. Kakashi was also out training Sasuke himself. Sakura lost her fight, so she was off somewhere only Kami knows.

So that left Miyo all alone.

Oh how she hated that feeling.

What she almost hated more was being followed by ANBU Black-ops wherever she went in the Village. But it was only a necessity made by the Hokage to ensure safety from Orochimaru.

Miyo just finished her daily training, so she was walking back to the Uchiha compound. As she approached the door, the sound of footsteps could be heard from behind her.

Without turning her back, "You know, Yugao, you don't need to follow me into my home. I'm just trying to take a nap and relax for the day. So If you could leave me alone that would be fantastic."

The purple haired ANBU stops in her tracks, "I thought I told you to call me by my code name. And if you're asleep, you're vulnerable to attack. Besides, I was ordered to follow you no matter when you go." she replied in a usual monotone voice.

Miyo muttered things under her breath, followed by a sigh, "Fineee, come in then." she says while opening the front door, entering her house along with the ANBU member.

She kicked off her shoes, telling Yugao to do the same, to which she agreed.

"Welcome to my humble home, it not much but it's pretty chill for my brother and I." Miyo says while walking over to the pantry. A frown appeared on her face, realizing she had to go grocery shopping later.

She took out a fresh stalk of celery, pulling out one of the sections and holding it out to the masked women, "Want some?" she asks while taking a bite of the celery.

She politely declined, making Miyo shrug and continue munching while walking over to sit at the kitchen table.

She finished the stalk and paused for a moment, looking at Yugao who was just staring directly at her. "If we're alone like this, you don't need to conceal your face. It feels weird having you watch me in that creepy mask of yours."

A deep exhale escapes the ANBU members lungs, reluctant agreeing to take it off.

"So... how long are you suppose to keep watching me for?" Miyo asks while yawning.

"That information is classified." she replied.

Miyo rolls her eyes, "Seriously? Man this is gonna be such a drag for the next who knows how long..." she yawns again while stretching.

"Yeah I think that's my queue to go to bed." Miyo says while standing up and walking towards her bedroom, halting her actions when she hears Yugao follow her.