29. The Truth

"Alright, Naruto! C'mon now, we don't got all day!" a voice called out from behind the genin duo

"Alright, Naruto! C'mon now, we don't got all day!" a voice called out from behind the genin duo. They turn around to see Jiraiya peaking into the ramen shop's curtain entrance, giving a usual bright smile.

Naruto downed the rest of his ramen, quickly wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, "What?! But Pervy Sage, we just got here!" he shouts, making Jiraiya gain an irk mark on his forehead, "You said that last time!"

"Do we have to?" Naruto questions with a slight frown, "Can I have one more bowl, please?" he begs with praying arms, causing the Sage to shake his head, "That was your 10th bowl, Naruto! Miyo was nice enough to pay, but you're emptying her wallet, kid!"

The silent Miyo makes a dismissing motion with her hand, "It's alright, Master Jiraiya. This is the last time he's gonna be having Ichiraku's for a while. How long will it be again, two years?"

Jiraiya responds with a nod, "That's right! But I think the two years will pass before I get this knucklehead to leave!" he shouts, making Naruto roll his eyes, "Fine! But you're paying the next time we come here!" he yells back, finally getting up from his seat, walking towards the waiting sensei.

"Hey, aren't you coming?" Jiraiya calls out.

Miyo gives a slightly confused look, "Huh? Me?" she asked while pointing to herself.

"Well yeah! Walking us down to the gate would be a proper sendoff, don't you think?" he asks with a grin, Naruto nodding his head in agreement.

She let out a smile at the idea, "Of course, I'd be glad to." she says while getting up from her seat, walking up towards the waiting duo.

Most of the trip was just silent walking, occasionally stopping a few times for Naruto to let him observe the rest of the village one last time before their departure.

As they finally reached the gate, reality had finally set-in for her.

This was gonna be the last time she'll see her two favorite people for a very long time.

Grief was beginning to takeover her emotions, but she wasn't gonna cry over something so little.

She'll see them soon, right?

"So... I guess this is goodbye, huh?" Miyo spoke in a sullen voice, though trying her hardest to speak with an upbeat tone. However, Jiraiya could see past the charade quite easily. "Y'know there's no need to be sad, right? We'll be back before ya know it!" he beamed while placing a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

Naruto of course agreed right away with a smile on his face.

Seeing them both high spirited had actually lifted her mood quite a bit. "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm still gonna miss you both regardless." she said while holding out a fist to her hyperactive teammate, "Especially you, clown." she jokingly insulted with a close eyed smile.