6: Is that new dog?

Title: Is that a new dog?

TW: None

Pronouns: He/Him for Punz 

✦✧✦✧

When Luke and I started dating, the first thing he knew about me was that I was a huge animal lover. During my lifetime, I've had countless animals. Currently, we own 2 dogs, Luke's dog Teddy, and my dog Harley. But I've always thought of getting a third one. 

"No Y/N, we can't have another dog." 

"We already have two? Isn't that enough?" 

Those were things I would constantly hear every time we would walk by the local animal shelter. Or every time I would bring up adopting another dog.  My response was either sending him a glare or an eye roll. 

But today it was different. On my way back home from the grocery store, I walked past the animal shelter again. My eyes instantly landing on the small, brown Dachshund that was pressed against the window. 

The dog's eyes would burn into mine with a tiny paw pressed to the glass. My heart melted and I dashed inside. 

"Hi, how may I help you?" The lady asked, pulling her mask up a bit. 

"I was interested in adopting the wiener dog over there." I replied, pointing at the dog. 

"Oh, you're interested in Mia? Follow me so we can get started." 

Once all the paperwork was done, she took out Mia and placed her in my arms. The puppy was shaking as I held her close, pecking her small head. "Have a great day." I say, exiting the store. 

"Oh, your father is going to be mad at me." I told Mia, who just looked at me and licked my hand. 

I rush to the house and enter it, instantly both of our pets running to greet me. But stop at the sight of the smaller dog in my hands. Mia was terrified, shaking wildly again. "It's ok baby, it's ok. Teddy, Harley, meet Mia, your new sister." 

Softly, I lowered myself to their level, letting them get used to her. "See, isn't she cute?" 

Teddy tilted his head, sniffing Mia. Harley waited for her turn and sniffed her too. Mia shrunk in my arms and I placed her on the floor. She curled up to my side as both big dogs surrounded her. 

"Hey, you're back." Luke spoke from the hallway, making me freeze in my spot. 

"Yea, here I am!" I replied nervously.

"What are the dogs doing? Are you ok? Seem kinda nervous." He asked, moving towards them. 

"Just remember I'm the love of your life. And you're mine. I love you so much, you know that, right? My handsome, beautiful boyfriend." 

Luke squinted his eyes as he crouched to pet Teddy. "What are you- Is that new dog?" He asked. 

"Luke, meet your new daughter, Mia. Mia, this is your father. Who might seem like he hates you, but secretly he thinks your adorable." I reply, picking up Mia and pressing her up to my face with a massive smile. 

"Y/N, when were you planning on telling me you were getting a new dog?" 

"It was a spontaneous moment. In which I walked passes the animal shelter, and she spoke to me." I held Mia up to his face. "Hello dad, please love me." I said in a high-pitched voice. 

He rolled his eyes with a smile and picked up the new addition to the family. "Yea, you're pretty cute. Mia was it?" 

"Yea, our little Mia." 

"This is our last dog Y/N." 

"Yea, yea."