18: She's my everything

"Come on Y/N, it'll be fun. My friends really wanna meet you." Luke says, glancing at me. 

"I'm just a little nervous. What if they don't like me?" I ask, fiddling with my hands. 

Luke places his hand on top of mine. "Who could hate you? You're amazing." 

We pull into the driveway and walk to the door. Luke knocks and someone shouts 'come in!'. Inside, people start to greet us. "Hi everyone, this Y/N, my girlfriend." Luke say.  

The first one to approach us was this medium height girl with brown hair. "Hi, I'm Ellie. Nice to finally meet you." 

"Nice to meet you too." 

She invited us into the living room, where most of the people were sitting. We answered all typed of questions from his friends, and they seemed to like me. All except Maddie. She had similar hair to Ellie, but had Luke's blue eyes. Maddie also claimed to be Luke's childhood best friend. 

From the second I sat down I could feel her glaring at me. However, when I would look at her, she would smile. Her best friend, Janet, acted the same towards me. "So, Y/N, for how long have you known Luke?" She asks, glancing at her friend Amanda, who shared a devilish smile.

"I've known him for a little bit over two years." I reply. 

"Me and Luke go way back, since we were in diapers." 

"Wow, that's nice." 

Whenever people would try to talk to me, she would always cut in and try to show off the fact that she and my boyfriend are best friends.  

"I remember when people used to ship you guys too." Amanda said. 

"People used to think we were dating too." Maddie. 

Awkwardly, I nod along. Ellie and Luke's other friend, Kai noticed and tried to change the conversation. Luke, as well, tried to, but was unsuccessful. 

"Guys, don't be rude. I'm speaking here." She snapped, turning to them. "I still have no idea why we aren't dating." 

"I think you two would make a cute couple." Her friend comments, making my blood boil. 

"I agree. Wouldn't you Luke?" Maddie's eyes go to look at him. 

"No." He said, pulling me closer. 

"Why, because of her?" 

Luke nods, making me smile. "She's my everything." 

Maddie scoffs. "I don't get what you see in her." 

"Maybe he doesn't see you and that's why he likes me." I speak, looking up at her. 

"Yea, what she said." Luke agrees. The whole room tensed up as they wait for the next move. 

Maddie looks at me and gasps. "You're going to regret saying that." 

"Luke, can we leave please?" I ask, grabbing onto his arm and looking up at him. 

He replies with a nod and we get up. "Thanks so much for everything." I say, turning to Ellie who shoots me a smile. 

"Sorry you didn't feel as welcomed as you hoped. Just know that the rest and I liked you. We hope Maddie and Amanda didn't affect your opinion of us." 

"Of course, we should plan something soon." I say, smiling at them. 

We say our goodbyes and enter the car. "Just know that I don't like her, and my best friend is Ellie, not her." 

"I know you love me. And that's all that matters to me." 

"Yea I do. I love you a lot."