11: We need a break

Title: We need a break

TW: Fighting, alcohol, crying

★──────────★─────────★

Life got to us. At an unexpected time. Everything was good until it wasn't. 

"Punz, we need a break." I sob into my hand. 

His blue eyes widen, looking at me with shock. "No, no we don't. Baby, you don't mean that." 

"It's a break, we're not going to break up. Please try to understand me." I cupped his face in my hands, tears running out of his eyes. "I love you, I love you so much. But we need this." 

"I'm not stupid, Y/N. I know what a break means." 

"It means stepping away from something that causes you stress. We've been fighting so much lately, and we just need to back away from it a little bit. Give each other space." 

Punz sat on his bed, dropping his hands on his head, and sighed loudly. "I don't wanna lose you." 

"You're not going to lose me. Ok?" 

Two weeks after the hardest conversation, I went out for the first time in a while. My friends forced me to go, but I didn't regret a thing. Drink after drink. Shot after shot. My head felt heavy as I moved my body to the music. 

"I'm going outside for some air!" I shouted to my friend over the music. 

Outside, the air was cold, may sound impossible, but colder than inside. Luke always had a jacket with him, but he wasn't here. I took out my phone and rang him, he quickly picked up. 

"Luke, it's cold outside." I blurt out. 

"What?" 

Suddenly, tears ran violently out of my eyes. "I'm at the club, and it's cold. Well, I'm outside, and it's cold." I sobbed. 

"I'm- I'm on my way." 

I gave him the name of the club and waited by the curb, my head in my hands. Soon a car pulled up in front of me. I lifted my gaze and met with his. 

"Here, I brought you your favorite hoodie of mine." He said, handing me the item. 

Quickly, I threw it over my body and cuddled up to it, taking in his scent. "I'm still cold." I said. 

Luke opened his arms for me. I ran into them, crying. "I know I'm drunk, but I missed you, Luke. I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too, so much baby." He whispered as he kissed my head. "You're my everything baby." 

With no hesitations, we pressed our lips together. They moved in sync as he leaned against the hood of the car, his hands landing on my waist. I pulled him close, deepening the kiss. "I love you, Y/N." 

"I love you too."