Chapter 1

"The new Yuheng is arriving soon. I hope you can help her get situated in her workplace." Ningguang then puffs her pipe as Ganyu grimaces a little at the smell. Her nose was sensitive to the smoke, but she had gotten used to it since how long she had been in Liyue.

"Yes, I will do my best," Ganyu says, bowing; However, the rumors of the new Yuheng are a little concerning; her co-workers would talk about the woman that would curse Rex Lapis proudly like it was not a disastrous thing to say, significantly to devote followers. She was surprised that Ningguang let her have the job; she must be good at what she does.

"Ganyu."

She looks up at attention when she hears her name.

"Yes?"

"I hope you can look past her views on Rex Lapis to work with her."

Ganyu smiles and nods.

"I will be professional like I've always been."

Ningguang nods and dismisses her.

Ganyu goes back to her desk to continue her work.

....

Ganyu freezes when she picks up an intoxicating scent; she sniffs and gets up to follow it. She doesn't know what's happening; all she knows is she wants to drown herself in it. In a trance, she navigates to Ningguang's office door without thinking. Without knocking or doing any sensible, she opens the door and sees Ningguang and a purple-clad woman.

There...

Something in her mind tells her to turn back before she gets in trouble with Ningguang, and before she can stop herself, she hugs the woman and buries her nose in her neck, taking in her scent.

She feels at home...

She doesn't hear the woman's confused voice; she doesn't hear Ningguang calling her; she just wants to sleep in the woman's arms.

Without realizing it, she starts to purr.

And a second later, she comes to sense when she is being pulled away by Ningguang.

"Sorry about that, Keqing. I don't know what came over Ganyu." the irritation in Ningguang's voice confused her; did she do something wrong?

Things were still cloudy when the intoxicating scent was right in front of her.

"I-It's fine, lady Ningguang; she just surprised me."

The woman- Keqing's scent was heady Ganyu could taste it on her tongue; she wanted to taste her.

Ningguang, probably sensing a change in Ganyu, grabbed her and practically dragged her out of the room.

"We will be right back."

The further they got away from Keqing, the more irritated Ganyu got; why was she being taken away from the comforting scent? Finally, Ningguang drags her into Ganyu's office, guiding her onto the chair next to the desk.

Now that she isn't near Keqing, the half Adeptus gets some of her bearings back and looks down, not wanting to look her boss in the eyes at her embarrassing display.

Ganyu blushes, trying to hide from Ningguang by covering her face, who stands looking down at her, smoking her pipe.

Ningguang calmly addresses her.

"So... Ganyu, what was that?"

"I..."

She didn't have an answer; she knew she wanted to go where Keqing was.

Hold her.

Stay with her.

Protect her.

That is all she hears in her mind.

"I don't know to be honest."

Ganyu looked down in shame at what she did but felt skittish and knew she was in trouble, but she thought herself looking past Ningguang, wanting to return to Keqing.

"Hmm..." Ningguang noticing her mannerisms, keeps looking back in the direction they just came from. This is the first time she has seen Ganyu act this around anyone; she is always reserved and calm, never touchy with anyone. But knowing Ganyu isn't human, this could be an Adeptus problem.

Ningguang has to talk to Madame Ping.

"Ganyu..,"

Ganyu looks out of her daze and gives Ningguang some attention even though she keeps looking in another direction.

"I'm going to summon Madame Ping."