Chapter 2

Ningguang uses the phone on Ganyu's desk, calling one of her employees to help Kequig settle. Usually, she would have given the order in person but had Ganyu acting so out of it, she didn't want to leave her to be on her own.

She takes out a talisman and speaks.

"Madame Ping, I call for your aid."

A moment later portal appears to her left, and an elderly woman arrives, smiling at Ningguang.

"You usually don't call me this way. Is there something wrong?"

She looks at the two in the room and notices that Ganyu barely acknowledges her; she seems to be looking at something beyond the room.

How strange...

"Yes, Ganyu has been acting in a particular way since the new Yunhen arrived; I'm hoping you have some insight on her behavior."

"Describe in detail what happened."

Ningguang explains how Ganyu came into her office without knocking and hugged Keqing; she was in a trance, not paying attention but the woman in her arms.

Not knowing the context of her behavior, Ningguang dragged her here, and she had been focused on the direction they had come from.

"Hmm..."

Madame ping has seen this before.

"It's rare to happen to an Adeptus, but it's nothing dangerous." She chuckles.

"Well, as long as Lady Kequin is safe."

"What is it exactly?"

"It's a Bond."

Madame ping walks up to Ganyu and puts a gentle hand on her head; she uses Adeptal energy, and suddenly Ganyu looks up, surprised, and focuses on her surroundings.

"Lady Ping, when did you get here?"

Madame Ping smiles at the question.

"We have a lot to talk about, Ganyu."

...

Ganyu felt like she got shocked when Lady Ping touched her head. Like she was suddenly awake from a pleasant dream.

She sat up and looked around at her surroundings. She seemed to be back in her office with both women staring at her.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Lady Ping smiles at her and shakes her head.

"Nothing that you could control."

Ganyu tilts her head in confusion.

"It seems you have a Bond to a human; this is the first time I've seen it happen to an Adaptus."

Ganyu widens her eyes in surprise; she had a Bond with Keqing?

She remembers all those years she had seen different spirits be bound to each other but never humans.

"How?"

Lady ping shrugs.

"No one can understand how Bonds work; these are just mysteries that haven't been solved."

"Tell me, Ganyu, how do you feel right now?"

"I..."

Ganyu looks beyond the door; she sees a purple light in the distance; she knows it's Keqing; she feels it in her bones.

"I want to be with her...."

Lady Ping gives her a bright smile.

"Of course, but first, you need to learn control."

She turns to Ningguang, who stands patiently watching the two interact.

"I can handle things from here, Lady Ningguang; I will contact you when I finish Ganyu's lesson. So please give Ganyu the rest of the day off."

Ningguang gives a slight bow in respect.
"As you wish, Lady ping."

Ningguang smiles as Ganyu looks exasperated by the turn of events and speaks to comfort her.

"Don't worry, Ganyu, your work will be here when coming back."

Soon after, she leaves to go to her own office to reschedule Ganyu's workload to another secretary for the time being. After that, she checks her messages and sees that Keqing has begun her work.

She takes the drag out of the pipe and puffs it out.

Today will be a long day.