Chapter 8

After their dinner, Keqing insists that she pays for it.

"I was the one that asked you out of course I'm going to pay."

"Ah, can I at least pay you back later?"

At that Keqing give a mischievous smile her scent gets stronger as she leans on her hand.

"If you want to but your company is enough for me."

Ganyu's blushes at those words

"A-Are you always this forward?"

Keqing takes a moment to ponder before she shows a genuine smile.

"No but it's a nice change for me, I like it."

Ganyu smiles feeling her fondness for their bond getting stronger.

The waitress approaches their table with a receipt in hand.

"I hope you enjoyed your food, I will let you take care of the bill whenever you're ready!"

She then leaves to wait by the cash register.

"I will be right back."

Getting up to pay the bill she smiles at Ganyu.

"Don't miss me for too long."

Ganyu smiles dreamily as the scent of lavender goes past her. She almost wants to follow Keqing before the bracelet brings her brain back to reality.

Taking a deep breath then exhaling she relaxes waiting for Keqing to come back.

After a few minutes she feels a touch on her arm she already recognizes the scent.

"I've paid for our meals, Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!"

She gets up and they begin to walk side by side out of the restaurant, the sun is setting as they walk around not caring about the world outside their comfortable bubble.

They stop at a park to sit on a bench then Keqing's voice breaks the silence.

"I had a great time with you today, it would be nice to repeat it."

"I would love to as well."

There is a pause then Keqing shifts closer to her

"Ganyu can I kiss you?"

Ganyu feels her brain almost shut down at that question but something inside her answers for her.

"Yes please."

Keqing is the first to move closer as their lips touch Ganyu is suddenly drowning in heat.

The scent of Keqing fills her senses, she wants to drown in Keqing, She wants to taste her She wants to-

Mate!

It's hard to think but the bracelet brings her thoughts to a manageable level as she and Keqing slowly pull away.

Keqing's scent is stronger and a blush is on her cheeks then she clears her throat.

"Ah well that was intense, I've never felt that way before."

She seems to be muttering to herself but Ganyu still in a daze finally begins to speak.

"Are you okay?"

She doesn't want her Keqing to be upset about what happened something inside her needs to make sure her mate was fine.

Mate? When did she start using that word?

"I-I'm fine, it was just surprising how good it felt."

Ganyu looks up at the sky notices it's gotten dark.

"I think it's getting late I can walk you home if you would like."

Keqing gives a shy smile and holds out her hand to Ganyu who happily takes it

"Yes, I would like that."