Chapter 3

Keqing who is doing paperwork once again glances at the pure white aura she sees in the distance. She has been seeing it since she had her encounter with Ganyu.

She doesn't know what to make of it it felt like a warm beacon telling her to go to it. She doesn't have time to dwell on it though as she fills out more forms than the previous Yunhen left.

As she continues to work she gets distracted again by the consistent white aura it seems to have left the building which she finds curious. She lets out a deep sigh leaning back in her chair, she won't let this weird glow stop her from working she has too many assignments finish.

She goes back to work finishing filing for the second stack of the pile. Suddenly a knock at her office door breaks her concentration.

" Lady Keqing, may I come in?" It was one of the secretaries that got guided her to the old Yunhen's office Ningguang, Meiko her name was.

"Yes you can, Lady Meiko the door is unlocked."

Lady Meiko bows to Keqing and smiles.

"Before you go to lunch Lady Ningguang would like to have a word with you."

"Thank you I will be with her shortly."

Lady Meiko bows again and closes the door behind her.

After organizing her work on her desk she proceeds to Ningguang's office she had already memorized the building after the tour Meiko gave her so she heads straight there.

When she arrives at the door she knocks three times and waits for a response.

"Who is it?"

"It's Keqing, Meiko said you wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Enter."

She opens the door and Ningguang waves at her to take a seat.

"I hope the paperwork so far hasn't been too stressful it's been a while since the previous Yunhen actually did their job."

"It's no problem at all I've trained to deal with it."

"Good there was something else I wanted to talk about."

"Since your secretary, Ganyu, has been given the day off I will assign Faria as a substitute for today."

That gives Keqing pause she just met the blue-haired woman and before she can process it her she voices what she instinctively thought.

"Is Ganyu alright?"

Ningguang raises a brow but replies.

"Yes, she has a personal matter she needs to attend no need to worry."

She didn't feel like needed to worry about someone she just met but it felt she had to know.

"Oh, of course..."

At that Ningguang nods.

"I won't keep you from your lunch break so you are dismissed."

Keqing leaves to go about her day still feels the distraction of the white light in the distance.