A Hoodie a Day Keeps The Assholes Away.

It was Tom's first official day at the base.

He nervously walked into the meeting room.

Tord smiled and handed him a tablet. "Here, for you. So you can better schedule meetings. It's a holopad, I made it myself."

Tom smiled. "Thanks...! Damn this is cool! Thank you, Tord! A lot!"

Tord smiled back and walked up to the large screen that would show the meetings. Tom stared at the holopad in shock. It can't be.

Tord clicked a button in the screen, and the other meeting attendees were broadcasted to the screen.

Edd and Matt.

Tom shuffled awkwardly out of view.

Tord cleared his throat and began speaking. "Hello, you have The Red Leader, here. What topics did you wish to discuss?"

Edd slammed his fists on the table. "What topic you ask?! Oh well maybe just the KIDNAPPING OF OUR FRIEND! THE BLUE LEADER! RING A FUCKING BELL YET?!"

Tord rolled his eyes. "He came with me voluntarily. Ever heard of that?" Tord smirked. "Unlike you, I don't have to bribe people to join my army."

Matt sighed. "Todd, just please give him back? We need him."

"And how is that?" Tord questioned. "Him being your medic? A mother to all other soldiers because you're so naïve to that fact that most of them are under your care?" Tord spat.

Edd and Matt were silent.

Tord spoke again. "Look, I've heard the voicemails. I've heard a live call. I've seen the damage you've done." Tord rubbed his temples in frustration. "Okay, I'm done with this, goodbye."

Tord ended the call and turned to Tom. "God let us hope they don't call again."

Unfortunately, they did. Almost every day they called.

And almost every day, the call was the same.

"Give us back Tom!"

"He came voluntarily. He'll go where he wants!

"Bullshit!"

At this point in time, the Red Base saw The Rebellion more-or-less an annoyance, as opposed to a threat. They even thought of The Rebellion as somewhat of a joke. Their empty, meaningless threats meant nothing to The Red Base.

At least, not yet.

Tom walked back into him and Tord's shared room. He had Marie sleeping peacefully in his arms. She was staying up later and later, so Tom was thankful that she was finally able to get some rest. He walked into Marie's room, and put her down in her crib.

"Thomas? Can I have a word with you?" Tord asked politely as he stepped into him and Tom's room.

"Sure I guess, but I just put Marie down for a nap, so maybe keep it on the down low." Tom said sternly.

Tord nodded and closed the door behind him. He stepped closer towards Tom.

Tom sighed. "Look, if you're just going to yell at me, can you do it later?"

Tord grabbed Tom's waist and pulled Tom close towards him.

"I wasn't going to yell, Tom," he said softly. "I was just wondering if I could-..."

Tom answered his question by pressing his lips onto Tord's.

Tord smiled and pushed Tom up against the wall. Tom pulled away and rubbed his back.

"Jeez Tord, I said that Marie is asleep." he frowned. "You can't just go pushing me up against walls."

"Sorry, Thomas...I didn't mean to hurt you, I just..." Tord spoke softly, his voice trailing off at the end.

"Just what, Tord?" Tom asked curiously.

"Just...do you feel it too? All week I longed for you. In a way I've never felt before. I want to know..."

"If I feel the same way." Tom finished Tord's sentence.

"Yes, well-..." Tord's voice was cut off by his parents entering the room.

"Tord! Don't push Tom up against the wall like that!" Paul cried.

Tord let go of Tom. "I didn't! I just-." Tord was cut off again.

"Did he hurt you Tom?" Patryck asked concerningly.

"No, no. It's nothing." Tom sighed.

Paul sighed. "You two need to be nicer to one another. Which is why Tord thought it'd be great for the two of you to go out!"

"I-...What?!" Tord gasped. Paul nudged Tord. And Tord caved in. "Right, yes. We can bring Marie so it's less awkward."

Tom nodded. "Okay. Sounds fun. I hear Norwegian food is pretty good."

Tord smiled. "I do know a good place."

Paul and Patryck walked out satisfied.

"I really think they're going to work out!" Paul said excited.

Patryck nodded. "Me too! Let's just give them time, they'll get together eventually!"