Old Habits Don't Die That Hard

Edited version!

<><><><><><><><><>

It's a week since then.

Tord had eaten more, and his overall mood changed! He became the most successful and powerful leader in the country! He'd won fights between different armies, and conquered both Americas! Even some of Asia! He made a safe treaty with Russia indicating that they'd help each other in time of needs. He was becoming more, and more powerful by the second! Though, in his success, there was a small bit of anger.

A rumour spread that Tom had only gotten his job as Assistant Red Leader, by well...being Tord's pet.

Tom ran to Tord in a fit of rage. With soldiers following closely behind him. He ran to Tord, attempting to see through the tears that clouded his eyes.

Tord raised a brow at them. "Thomas? What are these soldiers doing to you?!" He stood up and wrapped Tom into a hug.

Tom rolled his eyes. He turned to the group. "Ask him what you asked me."

No one said anything. They all stood awkwardly.

"Well?" Tom spat.

One soldier meekly stepped forward and said. "How hard did you fuck him for you to give Tom the job?"

Saying that Tord was mortified would be and understatement! He blew up at them. Screaming and yelling at them. Calling them incompetent, and worthless pieces of shit! He sent all of them to the infamous Cells. Those of which Tom had never seen.

That night, Tom cried on the floor in his bathroom. He'd never felt worse.

He sobbed on the floor of the bathroom, sniffling as he slowly took small bites from the tub of ice cream in his lap. He sniffled. "Why the hell does everyone treat me like I'm a fucktoy?"

He then frowned as the mirror fogged up with deep, dark smoke. He put down his tub of Rocky Road and rubbed his eyes 'cause if this is a hallucination then what the hell is in my ice cream?!

"What...?" He looked closer. There was dark smoke inside of it! Tom looked behind him. There was nothing. He stared with wide eyes. The smoke started speaking to him.

"Tom!" it spoke cheerily.

Tom was frozen with shocked. "Um...hi?"

It giggled? "Why are you acting weird? When we talk in your mind, you're never this weird."

"Tomi?!" Tom asked in shock.

Tomi smiled. "Yep! But...can I come out now? Truly? I wanna see daddy."

Tom was shocked. "Do you mean Tord?"

"Yep! He's my daddy!" Tomi nodded.

Tom was shocked. "Like Marie?"

Tomi nodded. "Yeah!"

Tom was stunned. Tomi somewhat showed himself. He was a baby! A newborn! He must not have aged! At all! Even though he's mentally older, physically he's a baby!

Tom felt lightheaded.

"Tom."

Tom looked towards Tomi. "Having me with you for this long is not good. It's bad for you." Tomi muttered sadly.

Tom sighed. "I know...I'll talk to Tord...okay...?"

Tomi nodded and disappeared. Leaving Tom as he sank back down onto the floor. He stared at his ice cream, along with the three other tubs empty tubs before grabbing his full one and continuing to munch on it.

If he's tripping balls, might as well go the whole way.

"Thomas...?"

Tom didn't turn to see Tord. He panicked! What would Tord think if he saw this?! Tom ran out of the bathroom and stood in front of the empty containers. "H-Hey!" He smiled nervously, while holding his hands behind his back. "What's up...?"

Tord sighed. "I..." he noticed Tom's red, puffy eyes. "Were you crying? Oh, Love...don't cry..."

Tord wrapped his arms around Tom, and was surprised for him to not reciprocate the embrace.

"Love? Are you sure you're alright?" Tord asked softly, the level of concern in his voice rising.

Tom sighed as tears dripped down his face. "I-I...sorry...I'm so sorry..."

Tord stared at the empty containers in the bathroom. He looked at Tom with a confused expression. "Ice cream...?"

Tom sniffled, turning away from Tord. "I-...I wanted to just wallow in my emotions...y'know?"

Tord frowned, gently turning Tom's face to meet his own. "Darling...we're you trying to hide?"

"It's embarrassing! Eating ice cream on the floor?! That's teenager shit!"

Tord frowned. "No? I do that. In fact, that's my ice cream."

"S-Shit...I'm so-!"

Tord sighed. "Love, please tell me, who made you do this? Needing to wallow in emotions...Was it..." Tord swallowed. "Was it me?"

Tom shook his head profusely. "No! No!"

"Then who?" Tord asked bluntly.

"Your...your Sergeant..."

"Sergeant Mitchell?!"

Tom nodded. "He um...kept calling me...Pet...and he...he spread the rumour...because I wouldn't well...sleep with him..."

Tord. Was. Pissed. He looked up to Tom. "Thomas, if you wanted to vent to someone, I'm here for you. And I would love to eat ice cream with you. We can now! I still have some hidden! And we can watch some dumb movie theories on YouTube. You still like those, right? I remember how you'd rant when you were excited...and sober!" He chuckled.

Tom sniffled. "I'm sorry..."

Tord shook his head. "You did nothing wrong, love. I'll bring him to the cells. Alright? You can watch. Though, the torture is...disturbing."

Tom sighed. "Maybe I will..."

Tord picked Tom up and carried him into his bed. He laid down beside him and wrapped him close to his chest. "Can I tell you something?"

Tom nodded. And Tord sighed. "As a kid, when Paul and Pat didn't know much Norwegian, they told me that, when holding someone's hand, that three squeezes meant 'I love you.' But I used the three taps as an alternative if we couldn't hold hands." Tord finished with a sigh. "It's stupid...I know..."

Tord was met with a small, silent answer.

Taptaptap.

Three small taps on his shoulder. Tord then tapped Tom three times on his arm.

Tom smiled shyly. He muttered a small, "I love you Tord..." before hugging him tightly.

Tord cleaned up the tubs, and got more ice cream. The two watched a few seconds of the video, before Tom sighed and word-vomited his feelings on the situation. About feeling like a fucktoy, and how he only wants to be at least tolerated here.

Tord sighed, grabbing a spoonful of ice cream, and eating it happily. "That Sargent didn't do that to just you, you know. He did the same to a few guys here, some girls too! They all just asked to switch units or shifts. The guy just abused his power." He swallowed. "Couldn't do anything 'cause he was close to my dad, and no reports came in while I was in power."

Tom frowned. "But now...?"

"Consider him dead."

Tom rested his head against Tord's chest. "I love you...I really, really do..."

<><><><><><><><><>

I like this edited version much better :)