You Took My Hand And You Made Me Run~

"Fuck fuck FUCK!" Tom panted as him and Tord ran to Marie's aid. "Oh god...what I'd she fell in?! What if she's drowning?!"

"Oh SHIT!" Tord exclaimed in a wild panic as he ran after Tom.

The two ran to the pond, both equally panicking and shouting incoherently. Eliza sighed with relief. "She tried skating...but fell onto the ice..."

Tom and Tord ran to her aid. Tord chuckled. "Awe...baby..." he held her tightly in his arms. He pulled a small handkerchief out of his pocket and held it to her bleeding nose.

Marie sobbed. "D-Daddy! M-My nose h-hurts!"

Tom smiled as Tord rocked Marie gently. "Wait..." he paused as Marie shivered in the cool air. "Where's her scarf?"

Tony frowned. "Is it purple? And striped?"

Tom nodded, and looked out onto the pond. "I'll go get it for you baby." He smiled as he kissed Marie's cheek.

Tom walked out onto the ice, attempting to not slip and fall onto his ass. The scarf clearly must've gotten blown out by the wind, due to this area not being checked yet. But it's fine. If all of the other ice is thick, this part must be too.

Tom continued walking out, when he heard Pau's frantic voice behind him. "TOM! WE DIDNT CHECK THAT PART!"

Tom snickered. "Pau, I'm light as a feather, really. Don't worry I'm fine."

Pau frowned. He turned to Brandon. "This isn't going to end well..."

Brandon frowned. "I hear that..."

"Maybe we should walk around the pond and keep a closer eye on him?" Matt asked.

Edd smiled. "That's a great idea!"

Tom rolled his eyes. "I can heard you guys you know. Please, stop worrying." He turned to Tord. "Tord? Remind me later to tell you something."

He stepped carefully, and cringed at the sound of ice cracking. It's fine...I've got this.

Tord smiled as he rocked Marie. "Of course, but why wait? Tell me now."

Tom knelt down and picked up Marie's scarf. He smiled at the gently woven yarn. He remembered when Tord gave it to Marie for her first Christmas.

_______________________________________________________________

Tom gasped. "Tord! That's the cutest fucking thing! Where'd you get it?" Tom exclaimed at the soft purple scarf Tord had gifted Marie.

Tord smiled. "I made it! It took a while, but it's worth it."

Him and Tom looked at Marie who hugged her new scarf tightly. She smiled and giggled.

"She likes it!" Tom exclaimed gleefully.

_______________________________________________________________

Tom looked towards Tord. "Tord!" He called.

"Yeah?"

"I lov-" Tom was cut off by a large splash.

"TOM!" Tord screamed.

In a panic he handed Marie over to Kathy as he watched Tom slip through the frigid ice into the even colder water. He ran in a panic. "No no no no NO!" He cried. He didn't even get to make it up to him. He didn't even get to give Tom his present! (Which was a pre-wedding gift he'd been planning.) Hell, he didn't even get to prove himself as a good father!

He ran, his boots keeping him steady on the slippery ice. He had tears dotting his eyes. At this point, he was unsure whether it was because of the cold air, or the situation he was in. He continued running when he heard his father.

"TORD!" Pau called. "YOU BETTER NOT BE JUMPING IN THERE!"

Tord sighed as he looked at the hole he was approaching. "This...is for Tom." He stated, before taking of his jacket and taking a running diving into the frigid water.

"TORD!" Pat screamed. "PAU!"

Pau ran to the hole and sighed. "Goddammit Tord, you're going to be the end of me!"