A Difficult Call

Sorry for that last chapter guys... ;-; enjoy some Tom and kids fluff!

(Also we had to unpublished this one and the two after due to spelling errors.)

_______________________________________________________________

Tom picked up his phone and sighed. He slowly dialled a number, but paused with his thumb over the call button. He sighed. Should I? Tord's gone...so he can't really hurt me...but would he even? Tom rubbed his eyes, and looked at the falling snow from his window. "God the snow is beautiful..."

"Papa?" Marie asked from beside him.

Tom picked up Marie and smiled. "What's up baby?"

Marie looked out at the window, and pointed to a small pond hidden behind the clearing of the house. Tom hasn't gone back to the Red Base. Out of anything, he'd want to go to The Rebellion...being around Tord is too painful. Even if it's been a week. "I w-wanna see t-the p-pond!"

Tom smiled. "Hey! Maybe we have some old skates here! I'll go check the thickness, then we can go skating!"

Tom smiled and put Marie down. "Oh! S-Skate!" Marie exclaimed excitedly. "Tan w-we c-come?"

Tom smiled. "Sure!"

After getting the kids dressed into snowsuits, and finding some old skates in the attic, they were ready to walk to the pond.

Tom held the skates as the four walked outside, with Tom finally working up the courage to call the number. "Hello?" He asked.

Around the third ring, Kathy picked up. "Tom!" She smiled. "What's up? I heard about your proposal from Pau and Pat! I'm so excited!"

Tom frowned. "W-Well...funny story...Tord cheated...s-so yeah..."

Kathy gasped. "Holy shit! I'm so sorry for bringing this up! I didn't realize! Oh god Tom..."

"Hey! It's okay! Kinda...but I'm bringing Marie, Tomi and Millie skating. I just wanted to talk to you...god I wish you were here..."

"About that...we're all on a plane ride to see you. Surprise...!"

"You're what?!" Tom gasped. "I'm so excited! But...why?"

Kathy scoffed as if it was obvious. "Because we missed Christmas! Duh."

Tom snickered. "That's amazing! I can't wait to see you..."

"It doesn't sound like it..." Kathy frowned.

Tom watched as Marie played in the snow. He kept Tomi and Millie in a stroller with loads of blankets, and hot water bottles; due to them being too little for playing in the snow. He chuckled lightly. "Marie! Wanna talk to auntie Kathy?"

Marie gasped and ran over to her papa. "K-Kathy?"

Tom put Kathy on speaker, and could tell how excited Kathy was. "Hey nugget! Your papa tells me you're playing in the snow!"

Marie giggled. "F-Fluffy n-no!"

Kathy laughed. "Fluffy no? Well that's good for catching snowflakes on your tongue! I can teach you how to later!"

Tom smiled. "Great. Teach my daughter to lick things. Thanks Kathy." Tom said sarcastically.

Kathy snickered. "Not my problem! Plus, snow is water. So it's healthy."

"That-...That's not how it works..."

Kathy scoffed, and continued her talk with Marie, before Marie ran back into the snow. Kathy smiled. "Oh! The plane's landing! We'll all see you soon!"